Wednesday 28 October 2015

Felt Envelopes for Gift Cards

Gift cards make such an easy gift but it's nice to wrap them in a way that makes them a bit more special.
Felt envelopes fro gift card giving
Today you can find me over the The Pinning Mama, with a tutorial showing how to make these simple little felt and ribbon gift card envelopes.
The ones I'm sharing have a Christmassy feel (yes, I know it's October - I'm sorry!) but if you want to make handmade things it's nice to have a bit of time to plan. Of course these don't have to be Christmassy at all, a different felt and a different ribbon and they would be great for any gift card giving occasion!
Felt gift card wallets

You can find the full tutorial here.
You might also be interested in:
Knitted Mini Christmas Tree
Knitted Mini Christmas Tree
Scrabble Christmas Sign
Christmas Scrabble Sign
Mini Yarn Wall Hanging
Mini Yarn Wall Hangings
Christmas Pudding Chocolate Buttons
Christmas Pudding Chocolate Buttons
I'll be linking up at these great link parties, pop over and have a little look round at all the lovely ideas.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

8 comments:

  1. I love this! I have made felt envelopes before but put on velcro. Such a fabulous idea with the ribbon!

    Becky
    @bybmg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky, velcro can be great but I find the sew on stuff is a fiddle and the self stick stuff never sticks very well!

      Delete
  2. Very cute idea. The ribbon closure is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen, I was inspired by a handbag! I have a lot of ribbon in my stash so it was nice to find another use for it.

      Delete
  3. This is a fantastic idea! You're sooooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - and I love the band instead of using a different type of closure. This will be a great wrap option this season for those school pictures we give to the grandparents! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea!! I would love to have you share at my new link party: http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2015/11/crafty-weekends-half-yard-christmas.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you kept this simple, and yet made it special and unique with different ribbons - this will come in very handy for last-minute gifts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.