Thursday 22 October 2015

Bits and Pieces Cards

Here is a really easy DIY greeting card idea that uses up some of those little bits and pieces that all crafters collect and can never quite throw away!Mixed media greeting card

To make something similar you will need:
a square 15cm card blank
Scraps of textured tissue paper
Scraps of ribbon
Other embellishments - sequins, gems, whatever you have really. 

Rip some squares/rectangles of the tissue paper and glue onto the card. I used Pritt Stick for this.
Add a little cut out paper message
Attach scraps of ribbon, I used pva glue.
Now add other embellishments, again I used pva for this.
I used sequins, gems, lace, cut out card shapes, bits of broken jewellery - all sorts.
Card made from scraps
I also added some glitter glue and puffy paint. 
The hardest thing when making these is knowing when to stop adding more bits. 
Bits and pieces card
I tend not to throw anything away so I have hardly made a dent in my stash of bits and pieces. I always go through cards we have been given on birthdays and pull of anything I think I can reuse before they go into the recycling bin. Some of the messages here were just cut off old cards.
Mixed media greeting card
Stash busting greeting card
Mixed media greeting card
This is also a great way to use those ribbons that come on new clothes, they don't tend to be great quality but they are idea for something like this.
Mixed media birthday card
I've even used some peel off stickers. I have a few sheets that have come as a free gift on magazines but hardly ever use them.


You might also be interested in:
Dictionary Page Card
Dictionary Page Card
Ribbon Gift Tag and Card Topper
Ribbon Gift Tag and Card Topper
Simple Speech Bubble Cards
Simple Speech Bubble Cards
Photo Earring Gift Card
Photo Earring Gift Card
I'll be linking up this project at these lovely link parties.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

17 comments:

  1. Great idea! I think most crafters have a stash of almost-used up supplies that they just can't bear to get rid of but don't know what to do with them. Nice solution.
    I am co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty link party this month and would love to have you stop by for a visit. The current party runs through Monday night. http://alaynascreations.co/2015/10/23/home-matters-linky-party-60/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made all these and hardly made a dent in my stash! It just seems such a waste to throw away perfectly good little bits and pieces! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Love your creation. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I love layering .. these is beautifully layered. Pinned. Have a great weekend. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! I do scrapbooking and this would be great for that too! I always have the little odds and ends to use up. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Pam, those never ending little odds and ends that are just too good to throw away!

      Delete
  6. What a great idea for "leftovers!!!"

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the cards are so pretty and a good use of scraps and bits

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use up all the scraps. I also have lots of bits and pieces that I hate to throw away, although I'm slowly giving lots of it to Lucy's school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great creative idea, they look great :) Pinning ..

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great way to use up all those bits and pieces and turn them into a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layers in your cards, pretty colours too. A great way to use up bits and bobs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, I love your cards - they are SO beautiful and inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy -
    I'm happy to include you among our Featured Guests at this week's party! :-)
    #201

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely selection with great ideas! Found you on Create With Joy who featured you on Inspire Me Monday. Now following via Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. My weekend linky:
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.co.za/2015/11/sober-living-and-more-with-linkyparty.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.