Sunday 30 July 2017

Handmade Monday #36

Hello, welcome to another Handmade Monday link up, it's so good to have you join us this week. 
Handmade Monday is where we share our makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and find some new inspiration.

This week I joined a CAL. A Crochet Along. I've done CAL projects before but never 'live' so to speak. I've always found the patterns long after they've finished and just tried them in my own time. This time I actually found the 'Tea on the Green' CAL on the day it started.
It's a large blanket with a new block pattern released each Friday for 8 weeks. Block A is HUGE (well it's 12" so maybe HUGE is overstating it a little) and had a few stitches I've never tried before so it's been really fun to learn new things. 
There is a super supportive facebook group which runs alongside and brilliant video tutorials for each row. It's on the Hobbycraft blog (Hobbycraft is a major craft shop chain here in the UK) and the pattern is by a talented duo Lynda's Craft Room and The Wee House of Crochet.
I'm totally behind already, I have no expectations about finishing in 8 weeks but it is a lovely pattern if you want something a little bit challenging but achievable.

Now, enough about me, here are the features from last weeks link up:
Wendy from My French Twist has covered the top of an old table with pennies and resin. I've seen this done on whole floors and old bowling balls for garden ornaments but I love the manageability of something like a table top. Isn't it cool? 

Claire from Pillar Box Blue has turned a pallet into this beautiful planter using paint & stencils. I think it is just beautiful. 

Congratulations to both of you, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, please so take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.
We have a facebook group where we share useful or interesting things so send a request if you'd like to join us. 

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.

Don't forget to ask for an invite to our group pinterest board too. Just follow the board then message me letting me know the email address you use for pinterest. 

Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

5 comments:

  1. The crochet is fantastic, something I have never mastered but would love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that blanket looks beautiful! We have a café close to us in Westward Ho! called Tea on the Green :) My Mum has done crochet alongs before and she enjoyed it, good luck with this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crochet blanket! Thank you so much for featuring my pallet planter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the party Julie! My first time joining you here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the daisy squares in the CAL! I'll definitely be checking in to see more. Thank you for hosting again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.