Sunday 27 November 2016

Handmade Monday #2

Welcome to another Handmade Monday, the place to share your latest crafty makes.
I was so pleased that so many were able to join me last week as I hosted Handmade Monday for the first time. I was a bit nervous, it's like when you host a party in real life, what if no one turns up? Thankfully you did not let me down and we had quite a gathering! Thank you, thank you thank you.

I did promise features, for now I'm just finding it too hard to choose a favourite (It's like trying to pick a favourite child!) so I'm featuring the most viewed links. 
Pam from Threading my Way shared these fabric gift tags. What a great way to make something a bit special from scraps of fabric and a paper bag!


And from Ginx Craft, these Flat Rat knitted bookmarks which I think are both super cute and a tiny bit grisly at the same time! There's a link to the free pattern too.

Congrats both of you, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog if you want to show off just a tiny bit. (I think you should!)



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Talking of buttons, here's a button for you to add to your blogs link party page if you have one, so we can spread the word about Handmade Monday.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

If you are new to Handmade Monday then welcome, we are really glad you are here. Here are the rules:
  • Did you make it? Is it craft related? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see what you've been up to. This is not the place for shops, link parties or posts with just other people's work. Giveaways are fine as long as they are craft related.
  • Add the link to your blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week, but try to make sure it's something you've not linked up here before.
  • Have fun! Mingle - visit some of the other links - that's the whole point! Leave them a comment, maybe share on pinterest, twitter or your other favourite social media. Let's support one another and grow our craft community.
  • If you'd like to follow me in some way (buttons to find me are on the side at the top) then that would be just lovely. If you'd like to tell others about Handmade Monday then that would be just lovely too.
One last thing, we have a Handmade Monday group Pinterest board that Vicky from Lucy Blossom Crafts set up ages ago which could be working much harder for us all. I've started pinning all your links to this board but if you want to join me and pin your own stuff directly just follow the board and leave the email you use for pinterest below and I'll invite you. (You can email or pinterest message me your pinterest email address if you'd rather not leave it here)



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my flat rats. I do think having some featured items adds an extra element of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree about the features, I think it's a nice thing to have and I know at other linkies I join sometimes, if I am featured it is such a boost to my confidence.

      Delete
  2. I don't envy you the task of choosing projects to highlight!! Thanks for the Handmade Monday party button, I've added it to the side of my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have chickened out a little this week with the most clicked. I thought features would be a nice thing to have but didn't really think it through!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being the new host! Will add button :) like the features too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for taking a moment from your busy busy day we're so happy you've made it here Jenny.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy that you are keeping Handmade Monday alive. I look forward to linking up soon. Thank you for hosting this great party! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to seeing what you are up to soon.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the invitation to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting Julie! Love the features - those rat bookmarks are awesome! My girls would love them! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for featuring my gift tags, Julie. Too late for this party, but joining in #3 now.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.