Sunday 20 November 2016

Handmade Monday #1

Hello, welcome to the first ever Handmade Monday Link Party here at Sum of their Stories.
Handmade Monday has been around since 2012, it has moved home a few times and I'm very pleased to say it has arrived here now.

If you are a regular at Handmade Monday and you've found your way over from Lucy Blossom Crafts then "Yay!" I'm so pleased to see you.
I have promised Vicky that I will take good care of her Handmade Monday, I hope you will help me do that. I've given us a new logo/badge, what do you think? If you hate it just keep that to yourself... I'm joking, feedback please!

If you are new to Handmade Monday and are joining us for the first time then "Yay!" you are very welcome. Link up your crafty projects and then see what everyone else has been up to this week.

The rules:
  • Did you make it? Is it craft related? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see what you've been up to. This is not the place for shops, link parties or posts with just other people's work. Giveaways are fine as long as they are craft related.
  • Add the link to your blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week, but try to make sure it's something you've not linked up here before.
  • Have fun! Mingle - visit some of the other links - that's the whole point! Leave them a comment, maybe share on pinterest, twitter or your other favourite social media. Let's support one another and grow our craft community.
  • If you'd like to follow me in some way (buttons to find me are on the side at the top) then that would be just lovely. If you'd like to tell others about Handmade Monday then that would be just lovely too.
I have all these ideas for features, pinterest board, cute buttons for your blogs etc ... bear with me, "best-laid plans of mice and men" "Roman wasn't built in a day" ... and other suitable expressions!
That's enough for week one, let's get on with the linky:



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking over Handmade Monday, have used your new box logo and looking forward to many more visits with you on your new journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolee, I'm so pleased you found your way over. That means a lot.

      Delete
  2. I love the new badge, I'm so sorry that I've been useless at helping you with the linky stuff this week - total memory freeze. I've posted a blog directing here and will make a point on re-directing over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky,
      I'm so glad you approve, I know it was one of the things you said you were thinking of changing anyway. No worries about the linky stuff, I signed up, followed the instructions and have everything crossed that it is working ok for people! Thanks for your redirect post.

      Delete
  3. Hi Julia, thanks so much for continuing this great link up party - I'm looking forward to lots of inspiring reads in the coming months:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always on the lookout for community minded link parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you have joined us Pam, welcome welcome!

      Delete
  5. Hi Julia

    I've not joined in with Handmade Monday for sometime but I'm back! Thanks for taking over and love the new badge!

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Angela, it is lovely to have you back. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have shared with us.

      Delete
  6. Hi.
    Thanks for taking over, it's so nice to see handmade Monday continue as it's a lovely little community. I haven't been blogging for a fee weeks as something had to give with work and personal issues but I will be back soon.
    Logo looks great and I look forward to seeing your ideas in the future x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you approve of the new look. I want to make some changes but I never want us to loose our craft community feel. I hope you get some fun blog time soon - it can be hard to juggle it all sometimes.

      Delete
  7. I am so glad to see you host an awesome link party! Can not wait for more Handmade Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zografia, I'm so pleased you are able to join us. I love your projects so I'm sure the other will too.

      Delete
  8. I post on Mondays so it would be nice to join in if my post is craft related of course, I always love a range of craft posts not just one skill. So see you next Monday. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great Jo, we'd love you to join us. I was just making a list of like minded people who I thought might like to join in, I was planning to send some email invites out later in the week and you are on my list!

      Delete
  9. Eeeek how exciting!!!!
    I have been a bit out of the loop, Christmas has been a bit crazy so far.
    Hopefully will be back to blogging soon.
    BTW, love the button! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.