Monday 28 March 2016

A little tribute to Ellen - part 2

My Nan Ellen's birthday was 28th March so today I'm sharing something she made.
A daisy painting by my nan
I missed a tribute to my nan last year, we had just moved house and I just never got round to writing the post. I'm sure she would have understood.

Ellen loved to paint and over the years she produced quite a lot of work of all sorts of styles. She was never afraid to have a go at anything. This daisy painting is either oils or acrylics on a canvas board. 

A daisy painting by my nan
Our daughter had a daisy theme in her bedroom when she was little so this painting was in her room. Now we've moved it's not up on the wall yet (it's been a whole year, how much longer can I use the "we've just moved" excuse?) but I would like to find somewhere for it. I think the frame is dating it so I'm probably going to swap that, find a more modern way to hang it.
I'm pretty sure Ellen would have love the idea of blogging, if it were a thing when she was alive I'm almost certain she would have had a blog to share her boundless enthusiasm for everything and would have social media accounts of every kind!
You can read more Stories behind Sum of their Stories here.

Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

11 comments:

  1. I love the daisy picture Julie, and I think you're right, a change of frame will bring it up to date ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I've written about it here it's given me a push so I'm going to sort this out this weekend, get it in a new frame and on the wall!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely thing to do Julie. Gorgeous painting. Look forward to seeing how you decided to showcase those daisies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaz, it needs to go on display that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I LOVE this painting! Your Nan Ellen was so talented. A new frame and display this work ASAP! Another Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too pretty not to hang somewhere isn't it - this weekend for definite!

      Delete
  4. That is a lovely picture, it's important to surround yourself with things that mean something to you. A different frame will help bring it up to date. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I'm looking forward to getting this on display again.

      Delete
  5. This is a beautiful painting. Your nan was very talented! It's wonderful that you have something so special and personal to remember her by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved to paint, with varying degrees of success but she really did teach me it's all about having a go and enjoying trying new things.

      Delete
  6. It is a beautiful painting, an family heirloom.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.