Monday 30 December 2013

Personalised Wedding Picture


Today I thought I would share the present I made for my lovely friend's wedding. This idea would work for lots of occasions though: new baby gift, special birthday, retirement...

I took an inexpensive frame from a budget shop.(shh - it was poundstrecher - don't tell anyone) 

I made a word cloud using tagxedo. I love tagxedo and wordle for making word clouds. I tend to use wordle if I want more control over word size and tagxedo if I want shapes (like this heart)

I played around reducing the size of my print in print preferences and printing using a draft quality (to save ink - hence the strips below) until it was the right size. I just put the glass from the frame over to check the size.

For this 75% was just right, so then I printed in best print quality on good quality paper.
I cut the heart out and coloured in a few words with red glitter gel pen, I played around with punched out red hearts too but didn't use them in the end.

The eagle eyed will notice this finished item isn't the same as the picture above, I found a mistake and had to do a reprint.
I stuck a little message label on the back.

Here it is all finished with their card

Here's a close up of the card. I just drew it on with a black fineliner, inspired by some clip art I found which was lovely but not the right shape.

You might also be interested in:

Patchwork Gift Box
Patchwork Gift Box
Recycled Business Cards
Recycled Business Cards
Washi Tape Berry Boxes
Washi Tape Berry Boxes
Share a Coke with Picture
Share a Coke with Picture
I'll be linking up this project at all these lovely link parties, pop over for a look at loads of projects from other blogs
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and charming gift, I'm sure the bride and groom loved it. I also tend to buy things in £1 shop or 99p shop - it just takes a creative eye to spot the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, you just need to visit often and keep your eyes open, same with Charity shops. There are all sorts of things out there just waiting for an upgrade/makeover!

      Delete
  2. Very CUTE Julie! I pinned! What a very special and thoughtful Wedding Gift! Blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Love the heart frame, how sweet! This would make for such a great gift! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I am sure they will treasure it! I want one!
    We would love to have you come link up your wonderful work with us at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It goes live tonight at 7 MST at www.madefrompinterest.net.
    We would be so honored if you would join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, it was a pleasure to join your lovely party! I'll definitely be back again.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this craft! It's so personal and from the heart. Not to mention it is pretty. Thanks SO much for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I love linking up at link parties, they are such a great way to see what other craft people are up to, get inspired etc. The only problem is how time seems to speed up when I'm busy looking at all the lovely projects and blogs!

      Delete
  6. im sure the couple will be thrilled with it looks so cute and personal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up your personalized wedding picture to the Link It or Lump It Link Party at Two It Yourself. I just love what you've done and I'm sure the recipients will love it. I have picked it as a feature this week! Come on over and grab a button and don't forget to link up again! - Melissa @ Two It Yourself http://www.twoityourself.com/2014/01/link-it-or-lump-it-party-20-plus.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa, what a lovely start to the New Year

      Delete
  8. This is so cute! This will be such a special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Thank you for linking up with The Blog Strut! I'm posting this on my Pinterest feed as well as on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, It gives me a buzz when people like what I do and I really appreciate the support from other crafty people like yourself.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous! I'd like to feature this tomorrow at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci, I'm glad you like it. (The couple I gave it to did - which is just as well really!)

      Delete
  11. What an adorable idea for a wedding gift. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday. You are being featured this week, so please come grab a feature button and link up!

    http://wp.me/p3yAYx-161

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.