Sunday 30 April 2017

Handmade Monday #23

Welcome to Handmade Monday,
our weekly craft link up.
Hi and welcome to another Handmade Monday, the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

It's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so I'm taking a weekend off, scheduling this (fingers crossed it's all ok) and visiting your links later in the week.
Don't forget, I have a pair of these beautiful embroidery scissors to give away to anyone with a UK address, there's still time to enter, details here.
I have a 10% discount code for anyone not in the UK too. They really are great, super sharp little scissors - I'm not just saying that. The only reason I'm giving them away is because I already have a pair of stork embroidery scissors that I've had for years. My mum gave them to me when I was a teenager so I am pretty sentimental about them. I don't NEED 2 pairs and I'd rather someone else made good use of these new ones.

Here are the features from last weeks Handmade Monday:
I might have mentioned before that I hate throwing things away, especially if I might be able to use them one day so I love this pretty clutch bag made from fabric scraps by Vicky Myers Creations.


I love discovering new crochet stitches and I'd not seen this Solomon's knot stitch before. Anna from Tea and a Sewing Machine shows us how. It looks great in this chunky wool from Wool and the Gang (made from waste wool from the yarn making process - how cool is that?) but I imagine it would look equally good with something finer. 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We are all about sharing and caring here at Handmade Monday so if you do link up please take some time to visit some other links and leave a comment. Plus it would be great if you could share a few on the social media of your choice. (I know the world of tweets, likes, shares and hashtags is not for everyone so whatever you can do is fine!)
Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board . It's a group board so if you'd like to join and pin your own Handmade Monday entries (save me doing them all!) then just make sure you follow me on pinterest and send me a message including the email you use for pinterest and I'll invite you.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.




Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

3 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.