Sunday 2 April 2017

Handmade Monday #19

Hello, hello, hello, it's Handmade Monday time!
Welcome to another Handmade Monday, the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

It's been a busy week in our house. Our youngest turned 18 and we had a bit of a do at home yesterday. He asked for a cake which showed all his fandoms over the years and with limited time and some of those icing gel pens this is what I managed. Can you tell what they all are? It starts at 5/6 o'clock and goes anticlockwise from toddler to the present day. 
Now without further ado here are last weeks features:
These keyboard wrist supports from Handcrafted by Picto are so much fun.

Do you ever have those "doh, why didn't I think of that' moments? I had one when I saw this super clever shirt upcycling idea from Pam at Threading My Way.

And finally a special honorary mention to this post from Mary at The Boondocks Blog. I love a good 'fail' post and Mary has some classics, her method to deal with this awkward ring left on painted furniture is worth a read if nothing else! I don't mind admitting I lol-ed! 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We are all about sharing and caring here at Handmade Monday so if you do link up please take some time to visit some other links and share a few on the social media of your choice. If you are not a social media fan then comments are lovely too (I know the world of tweets, likes, shares and hashtags is not for everyone!)
We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request. Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

10 comments:

  1. I love the cake decoration. I bet it went down a storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, we always have homemade cakes but last year I did this birthday person a 'stack of pancakes cake' which came out surprising well and so I feel I may have peaked then. He was happy with this years effort though which was the main thing and it did taste good!

      Delete
  2. Julia thank you so much for the special mention. It is a special treat to get recognized for your failures. Happy birthday to your youngest and I do see a Tardis in there along with some lightsabers. Is that a spiderman outfit also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE a good fail post Mary, makes me feel good to know we all have them!
      You know your fandoms I see, 3 out of 6 is not bad!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my shirt storage bags, Julie. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a "doh" moment when I saw them Pam, I think they are such a simple but brilliant idea.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the party! Loved the feature of making bags out of shirts!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Dianne, thanks for stopping by. Those shirt bags are just so clever aren't they?

      Delete
  5. I think I recognise most of the images on the cake, but my favourite is Bear in the Big Blue House! I still love that as a grown up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, me too! Our middle child loved Bananas in Pajamas so Bear in the Big Blue House was a big improvement on that in my opinion! When you end up watching something EVERY day you want it to be good!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.