Sunday 23 April 2017

Handmade Monday #22

Welcome to the 22nd week of Handmade Monday here at Sum of their Stories.
I'm so pleased that you have stopped by for another Handmade Monday, the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

I've been enjoying a little embroidery this week, and made this little purse from the kit that came with Mollie Makes Magazine. I also finally finished the alphabet embroidery I started back in February, more on that another day. I've been testing out these gorgeous little scissors from Warm Crochet.
I'll have a pair of these embroidery scissors to give away later in the week. It'll be a UK only prize draw I'm afraid, so if you are UK based or know someone who is, pop my later in the week to enter. Good news though, I will have a discount code to share for everyone else.

Here are the features from last weeks Handmade Monday:
Pam from Threading My Way took things back to sewing basics with this great tutorial to make a simple gathered skirt. I especially love this because a gathered skirt like this was the first thing I ever made for myself when I was little that I could actually wear. 

Keeping with the 'back to basics' theme, Jenny from Jennysis Crafts shared a papercrafting video tutorial on the beautiful effects you can get with heat embossing.

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We are all about sharing and caring here at Handmade Monday so if you do link up please take some time to visit some other links and leave a comment. Plus it would be great if you could share a few on the social media of your choice. (I know the world of tweets, likes, shares and hashtags is not for everyone so whatever you can do is fine!)
We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where we share tips and ideas. Anyone who links up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request. Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

7 comments:

  1. A little skirt was the first thing I made too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never forget how pleased I felt with myself! It was one step up from making clothes for my Sindy doll!

      Delete
  2. Julie thanks for hosting this great party every week! Pam's skirt is so cute that even I have been able to modify dresses and make them into skirts. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us Mary. A dress to skirt makeover is such a great sewing project and a great way to give old clothes a new lease of life.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for joining us Mary. A dress to skirt makeover is such a great sewing project and a great way to give old clothes a new lease of life.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my skirt, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Pam, it was a proper trip down memory lane for me. Great tutorial.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.