Sunday 9 April 2017

Handmade Monday #20

It's Handmade Monday time!
Welcome to another Handmade Monday, the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

We've had an absolutely gorgeous weekend here in the UK, the sun has shone, not a cloud in the sky. Blue skies really do lift the spirits compared to the relentless grey we have so often here!

Here are the features from last weeks Handmade Monday. Two different ways to speckle eggs, both are beautiful - how lovely to have options!
Sew Historical is all about using natural dyes and has done A LOT of experimenting of what works, what doesn't, what results different foods stuffs will give and has shared all her finding. I won't say what she uses for this speckle effect here - you'll have to click through so you can see it explained properly!


Dianne from Deanie's Stash has a fool proof method for her speckled eggs which her kids were able to get involved with - the results are really pretty. 

And lastly another special mention this week. 
Wendy from My French Twist made this lovely Copper Easter Wreath and credits another of our regular linker-up-ers Claire from Pillar Box Blue as her inspiration for the paper bunnies.
This is exactly what Handmade Monday is all about, sharing our ideas, supporting one another, being inspired by others (and always giving proper credit of course!) 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We are all about sharing and caring here at Handmade Monday so if you do link up please take some time to visit some other links and share a few on the social media of your choice. If you are not a social media fan then comments are lovely too (I know the world of tweets, likes, shares and hashtags is not for everyone!)
We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request. Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely party Julie. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I love dyeing eggs, I normally use red onion skin if I want them red or turmeric if I want them yellow. I will definitely do some speckled ones this year :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun is shining here, too - yay!!! Have a great week, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Your's is more last of the Summer/Autumn sunshine though right?

      Delete
  4. As soon as I saw My French Hens image my thought was is that Pillar Box Blue??!!! Thanks for hosting Julie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to see when someone is inspired by someone else we "know" isn't it? We all share our ideas in the hope that other people will want to try it out after all!

      Delete
  5. I Made it!!! Only 6 months since my last link up!!! (Hanging head in total shame, please don't make me stand in a corner!) How are you finding hosting? I love what you have done with it, such super ideas! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so happy you have been able to join us. We've had some newbies join which is lovely but a good smattering of the old faithfuls as well (and I mean old in a totally non offensive - you're not old sort of way of course!)

      Delete
  6. Thank you Julie for featuring my Easter wreath!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.