Wednesday 2 September 2015

My Favourite Finds August 15

Here are some of my favourite things I've found on line during August.
My Favourite Finds August 2015

I think this bag is just gorgeous. Sarah from Everyday Bijoux has transformed a plain, ready made burlap bag by adding the most lovely bright felt flowers and trim.
On Pinterest I've saved a lot of similar (very expensive) bags and considered looking for a suitable patterned fabric to make my own, but I never thought to make my own patterned fabric! 

Colouring for Grown Ups has never been more popular and Dawn Nicole Designs has some really pretty free printables available.
I've featured Dawn's work before because it's just so darn lovely! Dawn has an instagram daily doodle and lettering challenge going too which I am joining in (some days - no way I'm going to manage every day!) if you fancy having a go at your own hand lettering and doodling.

How cute are these lemon macaroons? 

They are by Claire from The Simple Sweet Life and the lemon design is drawn on using food colouring pens. I've never tried making macaroons, people on the Great British Bake Off seem to whip up a batch in no time at all. At some point I think I must give them a try and these lemony ones are just so sweet.

Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

6 comments:

  1. Those coloring pages are so cute! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole colouring thing is really popular now isn't it? I think free printables is a great way to see if you love it before investing in a book.

      Delete
  2. The lemon macaroons look so cute! I'm actually not keen on the taste of macaroons but they LOOK so pretty! That bag is really beautifully made! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I've ever eaten a macaroon but they are just so cute aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Nice round Julie! I absolutely love the bag, it looks like some real craftsmanship has gone into it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really beautiful isn't it. I'd like to say I'm going to make one, and I really do want to, but at the moment it's fairly near the bottom of my to do list. Maybe a Christmas present to myself?!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.