Wednesday 30 August 2017

4th year Blogiversary

Oh my word, it's Sum of their Stories' 4 year blogiversary this week. How is that even possible?
It's got me reflecting on the changes that have happended around here in the last 12 months.
Sum of their Stories has had a blog makeover from the lovely Linda from My Fairy Blogmother. I was lucky enough to win the makeover in a competition Linda ran back in March this year but she offers a quick and comprehensive service to both Blogger and Wordpress bloggers.
When I had the makeover I did keep my original blog header though, every time I think it needs an update someone leaves a message saying how much they like it and so it stays!

In November last year I took over the hosting of Handmade Monday from Victoria of Lucy Blossom Crafts. I hadn't really planned it but it ended up just happening somehow and after a very steep learning curve on how to host a linky I have to say, it is a lot of fun. 
The downside is I feel very responsible to make sure I write and schedule it in time so it goes up at 5pm Sunday UK time, glitch free. I also find it ridiculously difficult to pick features, most weeks I have at least 6 or 7 things I really, really love to choose from. Kind of 'Sophie's Choice" but not quite so dramatic!
The upside is I get to see loads of great an inspiring blogs every week, and have made some great bloggy friends. I've even been lucky enough to meet some in real life.
We have a Facebook group and a group Pinterest board and are trying to build a supportive and collaborative network where we share hints and tips, interesting things we've found as well as each others posts.
Do join us if you fancy it!
Being a blogger now feels like part of who I am, there is still so much to learn, things are always changing (social media algorithms I'm looking at you!) I always feel like I'm playing catch up. 
These last 4 years have flown by, here's to the next 4! Thanks so much for stopping by.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

19 comments:

  1. Julie, Congratulations on 4 years blogging. The time flies by doesn't it!
    I have really enjoyed reading your posts and also being part of the #handmadeMonday community too! Keep up the great work Julie is lovely to hang out with you (even though it's only virtually).
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I love hanging out with you virtually too - maybe one day IRL - who knows!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on four years blogging, Julie! I'm another who loves your blog header. And my hubby thinks the name of your blog is very, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam (and Pam's hubby!) You were such a help to me in the beginning, I'll never forget your kindness from the other side of the world :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th Blogiversary, Julie! You've certainly made a name for yourself in the blogging world! I wish you many more successful years of writing fantastic posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Kathy. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogversary! You've certainly achieved a lot in a short space of time! Thanks for all your doing with Handmade Mondays. I'm determined to be more involved and get back on schedule now summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, it's that pesky 'life' - it keeps getting in the way of blog plans doesn't it?!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I only found you this year, and I'm so glad your blog exists. I love the crafts and the community you inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulaations on your four years of blogging Julie. Yes hosting a link party can have lots of fun perks but choosing a feature is not one of them. Haha. I also have a really hard time with that and I only get to choose one, you at least have more leeway. I hope to see you blogging for at least another 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, you understand! I had no idea picking features would be this difficult!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, happy anniversary! And I hope to read your inspiring blog for many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julie, oh I love your blog makeover and Linda does such a great job. Congrats on 4 years of blogging and what an accomplishment! Wishing many more years of fun blogging.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday! I always love popping in here and have enjoyed jioning in with Handmade Monday. Keep Blogging. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I love it when you pop by to share your latest makes :-)

      Delete
  10. Happy Blogiversary Linda. You are doing a wonderful job and let's get to your 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your 4 years blogging, looking forward to seeing many more years of "Sum of their stories"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the four year anniversary. I can only imagine how much you have learned along the way. I only came to your blog about a year ago so I really look forward to the next years. Again congrats.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.