Sunday 6 August 2017

Handmade Monday #37

Hello, welcome to another Handmade Monday link up, it's so good to have you join us this week. 
Handmade Monday is where we share our makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and find some new inspiration.
Before we go any further I want to give a shout out to the lovely Vicky who hosted Handmade Monday for over a year before it moved here. Vicky has now closed her craft business and blog.
(I had to be formal here as I only have 1 K!)
All the best for the future Vicky, whatever you decide to do now, I'm sure some sort of making will be part of your life - enjoy! Thank you for all the hard work you put in to Handmade Monday. 

I've been busy busy in every spare moment working on my crochet from the 'Tea on the Green' crochet along. The third block was released (makes it sound like a wild animal) on Friday so we have 3 to be working on now.

Each block has stitches that are new to me so it's been so much fun trying them out and getting to grips with them.
The facebook group is uber friendly too, so many people sharing their advice and support. 

Now on to the features from last week's Handmade Monday:
I love a good handmade birthday card and I love a good fabric stash buster. Kathy from Sparkles, Sprinkles and Everyday Crap (what a great blog name!) shared some lovely stitched fabric cards she made for special people.

'Waste not - want not' my nan always said. Wise woman. So she would have approved of these emergency candles that Laurie from My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies made from the kids old wax crayons. They are beautifully packaged up to turn them into great gifts too. 


Congratulations to both of you, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, please so take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.
We have a facebook group where we share useful or interesting things so send a request if you'd like to join us. 

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

18 comments:

  1. Good Luck with everything you do in the future Vicky, hopefully will still get to speak to you each day on the forum. xx

    Love the crochet squares ant he colours you have used Julie. A craft I keep meaning to teach myself but never seem to find the time. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crochet is a lovely craft, at least I love it. It's pretty easy to pick up, especially with the you tube tutorials around now. They are like having someone sit beside you showing you what to do!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Julie, for featuring my hand-made card on this post! I truly do love making them and always imagine the smiles they bring to the recipient. Making cards is definitely a great way to use up scraps...even tiny ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super cute. But now of course I am being forced to keep teeny tiny scraps of fabric, just so I can try this out sometime!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a CAL, it sounds like fun but I'd be worried about keeping up! The colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a real mix in the CAL, some people post photos of their work all up to date whilst others are just starting in week 3. I have no expectation of finishing the whole thing in the 8 weeks, I'd have to crochet all day every day to do that I think! It's all very chilled.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting Julie! I love your squares - there is something about the colours. Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, I'm very happy how the colours I've picked are working out. I'm sure some people can tell in advance but for me it's always a bit of a gamble!

      Delete
  5. Julie, Your squares are so beautiful! I'm in love with those fabric cards - such a fun idea with lots and lots of possibilities! Thanks so much for including my crayon candles in your feature this week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. The cards are so pretty aren't they. I'm definitely going to try that one out myself when I get a minute. I thought your candle idea was just brilliant.

      Delete
  6. Thank you Julie for your 37th Handmade Monday. Appreciated.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this adorable party! Found you through FaceBook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for keeping up with your crochet along! The colours you've picked are beautiful! There are some awesome blog names among those you've featured this week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't there just!
      I'm loving my crochet a long, it's such a lovely group.

      Delete
  9. Thank you Julie for hosting. Hope your week is great!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dianne, you have a great week too.

      Delete
  10. That crayon idea is genius! Would be an especially good idea for teachers for I am sure have tons of left over broken crayons at the end of the year.
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.