Sunday 26 February 2017

Handmade Monday #14

Welcome to our weekly craft linky, Handmade Monday.
This is the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and to find some new inspiration.
We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where here we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request.

I follow most of the lovely people who join Handmade Monday on various social medias, and it makes me SO happy when I see you all sharing each others projects and posts. Obviously when you share here there is no legal obligation to visit, comment and share each others stuff. I can't make you to do anything, it's requested but not enforceable!
But I see it often during the week, facebook shares, retweets, comments on the blog posts. It's so lovely and makes me really proud to be part of such a supportive crafting community. 
So to all of you who are visiting, sharing and commenting on each other stuff (and you know who you are) I have a little message:

Here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday.

Leanna from Of Faeries and Fauna sharing this simple but clever idea to use reusable shopping bags to organise a chest freezer. Divide and conquer - no more rummaging round in the very bottom looking for an elusive bag of broccoli! 

My Busy Beehives made these pretty Spring wreaths which look so simple to make. We've had storm Doris hit last week and a few fence panels come down so thoughts of Spring really cheered me up!


Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

And now for this weeks linky, remember every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks to you for hosting every week and keeping this crafty party together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, and thank you for sticking with us!

      Delete
  2. I have just recently joined the crafting blog world, and I'm blown away by how nice it is. I read somewhere that crafters are more about community than competition (I think the quote I read was something to the effect that "I hope we all succeed"), and it really rings true. Thanks for hosting this link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thats exactly what i found when I started a few years ago. I'd read that bloggers might be a bit cliquey but I've never found craft cloggers like that at all. people seem genuinely happy to meet others who share the same likes. I really do hope we all succeed, that's such a lovely way to put it. I'm so pleased you have found us here at HandmadeMonday.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hope you had a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you Debbie - that's for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the feature. I am really proud of these freezer bags and having it featured should share the idea out to more women.

    I liked your paragraph about not being able to police who comments and the importance of building community. It is really important to build a blogger network, make friends and share ideas. Numbers aren't everything and the numbers certainly don't grow overnight.

    Enjoy your week and thank you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Leanna, I genuinely think it's a great idea.
      Numbers aren't everything but it's hard not to compare and get hooked on looking at the stats. I love the friendships I've made through blogging, some people I've been able to meet in real life, some I never will but it's certainly great to make those connections.

      Delete
  5. Hi Julia, Sorry I missed you at CHSI, I too hoped I would bump into you again but sadly didn't. It seemed bigger I think than last year. I have eventually got my arse in gear and have added a link this week! Happy Monday. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, welcome, welcome! I'm so pleased you've been able to join in this week.
      I found something new at the show every time I crossed a path, even though I thought I'd done that bit! Without the Yarnia bit from last year it did seem like there were more stands. Will you come up to the midlands for the public Stitches etc show or maybe the Handmade Fair at Ragley hall? I'm still in two minds about whether I'll be able to make both.

      Delete
  6. yay im joining in again back after long break and im trying to combine both blogs into one creative blog yay :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds exciting, we are happy you can join us :-)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.