Sunday 12 February 2017

Handmade Monday #12

Welcome to our weekly craft linky, Handmade Monday.
This is the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and to find some new inspiration. Did you know we have a Facebook group where we share tips and ideas? If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request.

Have you got any exciting projects on the go at the moment? I've not had much time for making this week apart from Wednesday when I sat waiting for 3 hours whilst our youngest had a uni interview/audition and thankfully I'd remembered to take something to do. I've got a simple hand stitching experiment I'm working on which fitted in my handbag nicely and passed the time.

Now here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday.

If you need a lastminute.com valentine card idea then how about this easy modern geometric one from The Craft Lumberjacks? Plus, if you have a minute. I highly recommend watching the 'how to' video, I laughed so much I spat my tea over the keyboard at one point! 

Have you heard of Planned Pooling? It's a big trend in crochet right now where somehow people are able to get amazing patterns when using a variegated yarn. I first saw it on Instagram a few months ago but thought it looked a bit out of my league. The Patchwork Fairy has made it work and has advice and links to more support if you fancy giving it a try. 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

And now for this weeks linky, remember every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board
We also have a Facebook group where we share tips and are trying to get a share thread off the ground. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Handmade Monday! Your stitching looks incredibly neat Julie! Hope your son's interview went well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new dotty project looks interesting and I hope the Uni interview went well for your son/daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see what you've done with Handmade Monday, thank you for hosting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Haha! Thanks for the feature! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.