Sunday 19 February 2017

Handmade Monday #13

Welcome to our weekly craft linky, Handmade Monday.
This is the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and to find some new inspiration.
We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where here we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request.

What have you been up to this week? Did you do anything nice for Valentine's or is that not your cup of tea? 
After featuring the geometric card by the Craft Lumberjacks at last week's Handmade Monday I used their idea as the basis for the card I made my hubbie.
I also did a little doodling/letter art too which I shared on Instagram, a little extract of one of my favourite love poems called Atlas by U A Fanthorpe.
Enough about me! Here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday.

These paper rose made from old maps are so lovely. There is a great tutorial so you can make your own, for yourself or to give away, from Claire at Pillar Box Blue

I am SO in love with these amazing trousers from Agy at Green Issues by Agy. She's been making them for months and I've been watching along on Instagram. It was so lovely to see her wearing the finished product.
They were inspired by the Japansese practice of Kintsugi which I confess I'd never heard of. It's mending things, usually with gold, with the idea that cracks or repairs make them more beautiful and valuable not less. 


Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

And now for this weeks linky, remember every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board
We also have a Facebook group where we share tips and are trying to get a share thread off the ground. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

10 comments:

  1. We had an 'Afternoon Tea' at home a film, a peaceful afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring my Map Roses. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Claire, they are really beautiful. Sadly I didn't get round to making any last weekend after all but they are definitely on my to do list now!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for featuring the trousers. I love the map roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Agy, they are really a work of art.

      Delete
  4. I just came across your Link Party through Twitter. I linked up and will see you next week. Thank you for putting the link party together. It helps me to get my posts noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanna, I'm so pleased you found us. We are a friendly bunch generally! I look forward to seeing your projects and ideas again.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.