Sunday 22 October 2017

Handmade Monday #48

Welcome to Handmade Monday
Handmade Monday is our weekly craft link up and is a great a place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and find some new inspiration.

How was your week? It was our daughter's birthday on Thursday so I had a go at a drip cake.
My ganache was a little bit too runny so it dripped more than it should but at least it didn't all come off. I read up about it first and someone said to put the cake in the fridge for a while before you start dripping. I think that saved it, if I hadn't done that it would have been like a moat of chocolate round the cake and very little up top! The top is just a pile of Revels, Nestle Pick & Mix and some chocolate chips. Yes, there were some left over & yes, we did eat them!  

Now let's look at the features from last weeks Handmade Monday:
We had LOADS of great Halloween craft projects shared last week - do pop back and check them out if you are looking for ideas - but as it's all a bit Halloween mad in the shops right now I thought I'd pick some Halloween free features for us this week. 

I am a big old scaredy pants when it comes to sewing with delicate fabrics so I was thrilled to read the hints and tips that Caroline from CJ Made shared after a workshop she attended. I may even be brave and try a few out sometime but for now I'm just pinning so I can find it again when I am feeling courageous!

Josie from Sew for Soul shared some lovely candle holders that use 3 techniques that I love all in one project. Book up-cycling, paper napkin/serviette decoupage and stamping. 
Plus that is Mr W. Shakespeare and as I grew up in a village just 8 miles from Stratford upon Avon and went to college there I have a special affection for him and his work.

Congratulations to you both, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, so please take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.

We have a friendly facebook group for Handmade Mondayers where we share useful things we find, advice etc. You are welcome to join us if you share your projects here at Handmade Monday. 

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my blog post Julie!
    Your cake looks absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Caroline. It was pretty good even though I do say so myself!

      Delete
  2. I loved that silk sewing technique post too. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such great tips, they made me feel brave enough to think about trying it anyway!

      Delete
  3. It's been a while since I've joined Handmade Monday. Have a great week, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, you too. It's always nice to see what lovely ideas you have to share with us.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Julie for hosting your 48th Handmade Monday. Always appreciated.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks delicious! I bet it was gobbled up in super quick time! Thanks for hosting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birthdays are fun, and that cake looks delicious! A day late for the party - missed it. See you next week!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra, looking forward to seeing what you have for us next week. :-)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.