Sunday 15 October 2017

Handmade Monday #47

Hello everyone and welcome to our weekly craft link up - Handmade Monday. 
Handmade Monday is a place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and find some new inspiration.
How's the week been for everyone? Any big plans for the week ahead? 
I've started to think about ... dare I say it .... Christmas and actually made a first gift. I can't share it here though as the recipient reads the blog now and again! 
However I can share a piece of hand lettering I was asked to make as it has now been safely delivered. My first commission! I share my handlettering practice now and again over on Instagram and someone saw it and asked me to do their favourite quote for them.  

Enough about me, now it's time to take a look at the features from last weeks Handmade Monday:

I must have a bit of a thing about acorns, last week I feel in love with some beautiful felt acorns and this week it's these rainbow beauties from AnneMarie's HaakBlog - aren't they pretty?

Two weeks ago Ann from The Apple Street Cottage shared with us her beautiful chest of drawers with napkin decoupaged drawer fronts and then last week we got to see how she did it. I love it when someone shares the issues they face with a project and how they over came them, especially when the results are as beautiful as this. 

Congratulations to you both, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, so please take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.

We have a friendly facebook group for Handmade Mondayers where we share useful things we find, advice etc. You are welcome to join us if you share your projects here at Handmade Monday. 

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

14 comments:

  1. I always said I was going to share 'the good, the bad, & the ugly' on this blog - that's how we learn, right? Thank you so much for the feature, I truly appreciate it!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, it really is a help when people share the problems they had as well as the fabulous results.

      Delete
  2. Lovely lettering and so good to be noticed, you did a great job I love inspirational quotes and they are wonderful to frame. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting the fun and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, You did a fabulous job on the lettering! I used to do calligraphy a long, long time ago and I loved it, guess life got in the way and I stopped. Awesome features! Thanks so much for all you do to host each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, life has a bad habit of doing that doesn't it?! Thanks for stopping by, the link up is nothing without people linking up!

      Delete
  5. I'm not quite thinking about Christmas yet, but I have all the cookbooks on loan for the library for Thanksgiving. But I guess that isn't really a UK holiday? So if that wasn't in play, I'd totally be on for some xmas crafting@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No here in the UK thanksgiving isn't a thing. Primary school kids do a Harvest festival but that's not a big deal. People here do a lot more for Halloween than we used to, but the shops and TV adverts are really starting to push Christmas already (feels a bit soon but if you want to make presents it really is time to get cracking!)

      Delete
  6. Hi Julie, I haven't posted on here for a while but a few nights crochet turned up this scarf. I really like it and am wearing it today. Those acorns are rather cute. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are super cute acorns aren't they?! It's proper scarf wearing weather now isn't it. When you might not really need a jacket, but it could be cooler later ..... something elegant to fling round your neck/shoulders can be just the thing (I dream of the elegant bit but I know some people can pull it off!)

      Delete
  7. Your lettering is superb, those life affirming signs are so popular right now that I'm sure you'll have other commissions soon. Am linking for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, and simple but beautiful saying! I have been practicing my hand lettering on and off. Haven't in a while though... Shame on me. Back to it! Thanks for hosting!
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your lettering, I can't even write my own name neatly! A fabulous first commission, sure to be the first of many xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.