Sunday 7 May 2017

Handmade Monday #24

Welcome to Handmade Monday,
our weekly craft link up.
Hellooooo and welcome to another Handmade Monday. This is the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or find some new inspiration.
I hope everyone had a good week, I've been papercrafting with some old sheet music I'd forgotten all about and will have a few projects to share soon.

Here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday:
Don't you just love the hand quilting on this beautiful baby quilt by CJ made? Such a labour of love and such a fabulous gift. 

String art has had such a resurgence recently and I love this beautiful and colourful classroom name sign that My Busy Beehive made for her niece, a newly qualified teacher.

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We are all about sharing and caring here at Handmade Monday so when you do link up please take some time to visit some other links and leave a comment. Plus if you are able do share a few on the social media of your choice. (I know the world of tweets, likes, shares and hashtags is not for everyone so whatever you can do will be much appreciated!)
Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board. It's a group board so if you'd like to join and pin your own Handmade Monday entries (save me doing them all!) then just make sure you follow the board on pinterest and send me a message including the email you use for pinterest and I'll invite you.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my quilt Julie. It's lovely having such a supportive crafty community that you have created x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Caroline, your quilt is beautiful and very inspiring. I think I need to up my new baby gift giving game!
      I'm so pleased to hear you feel supported by Handmade Monday. It's the people joining in each week that make or break it, I like to think that as a group of craft loving, like minded individuals we can help each other out.

      Delete
  2. Not sure if a roundup of dresses is OK - I did make three of them. No worries if not - just delete. I wish I'd had my name in string art as a new teacher. At that time I made string art pictures for our home, and also did them with the kids at school. They would have loved to have done their names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine by me Pam, we've not had a rule about round ups before but links to patterns like this seems like the kind of thing I think we'd all like to see so I don't see why not.
      Kids would love to make their names wouldn't they? I wonder if I can make up a kit of some sort for my super craft minded niece for her birthday.

      Delete
  3. I loved that quilt by CJ too! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely isn't it, I love the hand quilted look.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.