Sunday 19 March 2017

Handmade Monday #17

Hello, it's Handmade Monday time! Welcome to our weekly craft linky.
Come and join us, share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

How's your week been? It's been a busy one for me but I did manage to find some time to start a decoupage project, that I hope to have finished and ready to share soon.
I've also been multitasking in the evenings combining catching up with some tv and the knitting that I started last week. 

Now onto the features from last week's Handmade Monday. And can I just say thank's a lot - you are not making it easy to pick features, so many lovely ideas linked up last week! I've gone for yarn based features this week and there are 3 because I just couldn't choose!

Jo from Three Stories High shared a child's jumper she made from her left over stash. She even added some little crochet flowers which I love. 

Lina from Sew Historically was so clever and creative with this jumper refashion. She took apart the polo neck (turtle neck) of an old jumper (sweater) and then used the wool (yarn) she had just undone to crochet a new pretty lacy collar.
Sometimes I find it funny that we think we speak the same language in the UK as the US!

Over the Apple Tree was also on the recycle vibe with this great idea to take apart a jumper (sweater) carefully to source some lovely new materials for making new stuff.

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request. Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too, send a request to join this group board if you love to pin.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

8 comments:

  1. I love all projects! Very inspiring :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love spending a little time each week being inspired to try soemthing new. We are so pleased you have joined us :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely makes from last week. It's been aaaages since I joined in with Handmade Monday (or blogged for that matter!) so I'm excited to explore all the other lovely blogs again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so happy that you are back and you've found us all! Welcome back :-)

      Delete
  3. Ah Thanks for featuring mw. My girl hasn't had that jumper off since I knit it for her. She wanted to sleep in it but I had to draw the line - she would overheat in alpaca and wool and think of the pilling! Nothing to share quite today on the brink of a quilt though. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless her, it's great when they really love soemthing you've made for them. I agree that sleeping in it would probably be a mistake though!
      A quilt sounds exciting, can't wait to see it when it's done.

      Delete
  4. Oooo I'm playing with decoupage at the moment, lovely sticky mess. :) Loving your posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the sticky mess, I actually really love picking the dried pva off my fingers, is that really weird? I'll be interested to see what you've been making when you are ready to share it.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.