Sunday 5 March 2017

Handmade Monday #15

Hello and welcome to Handmade Monday, our weekly craft linky.
Come and join us, share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.
We are a super friendly bunch here and most who join are ready, willing and able to come by and visit your blog, leave a comment, share on some sort of social  media etc. Sometimes leaving a comment can be a problem though, it seems to depend on what platform you are using. One of our members was kind enough to let me know last week that she can't always leave a comment when she visits some sites. (name/URL isn't an option on the drop down list apparently) Just bear that in mind, no comment doesn't always mean no visit! 

What have you been making this week? I've just treated myself to a subscription to Mollie Makes magazine (there was an offer, I couldn't resist!) so I had fun trying out the little mini weaving kit that came with the March issue.

It was all very fiddly so I'm not sure I'm going to suddenly become a weaver but it was fun to play with. I actually know 2 amazing young weavers whose work is well work checking out if you are interested Woven by Laurence and Sophie Graney. What they do is worlds away from my little wall hanging and they both have Instagram feeds full of beautiful inspiration. 

Here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday, this week it's all about learning new skills.

There is nothing quite like having an expert show you exactly how to do something properly - for example this clear tutorial from Made by ChrissieD on joining diamonds for your quilt making or patchwork. Just check out her perfect points! 

Have you ever made a purse or bag with a purse frame? I've always thought it would be complicated but Tea and a Sewing Machine takes us though the steps, I think I could actually do this!
 
Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where here we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request. Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too, send a request to join this group board if you love to pin.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie for featuring my Diamonds tute, I've given you a shout out here on my facebook page - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another HM.

    I love weaving but do have a slightly bigger loom, still a table top one but not done any for ages. You have inspired me to add to my 'To Do' list, lol

    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. enjoy your loom crafting if you decide to break it out again, With your super tidy craft room, at least you know you'll be able to find it!

      Delete
  4. I have twp pure frames in my stash and don't know how to make them so thanks for the link. I have saved it to my pin board

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna's tutorial is brilliant, I'm definitely going to give it a try sometime too.

      Delete
  5. Hi Julie - found you through the Favorite Things Blog Hop and hope to link up here every week. I'm in the process of updating my blog and have lots of DIY tutorials that I'll be posting in the coming weeks, so this will give me a bit of inspiration to keep working on that project. Thanks for putting this linky party together! Hope to see you again this week at the Favorite Things Blog Hop on Thursday. Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, how lovely that you've found us. You are very welcome, I hope you do join us regularly and we get to see more of your projects and tutorials.

      Delete
  6. AHA! So THIS is *WHERE* EVERYONE went to!!
    I've been so busy with "REAL LIFE" this winter [way too much shovelling!!] and then we all stomach flu in late Jan. And then I caught a cold... Haven't touched my yarn in weeks! And then, it dawned on me that I've been "missing" something... [duh!]
    Okay. It's 5am here and I really ought to be in bed! But, I'll have to tweak a few things on my computer and get back to "catching-up" later on this weekend!!
    I've MISSED you guys!!
    **HUGS**!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop whoop, sooo pleased you've found us, welcome back! Can't wait to see what you've been up to :-)

      Delete
    2. Actually, I've been making a ton of stuff, but just haven't had the time to photograph it all and/or "post" it! - I have a "draft" backlog that's in the 3-digits! :-[ (my bad!)
      However, between the shovelling I have "made" time to BUY way too MUCH yarn! And, hitting the local thrift store doing a bit of "ART-RESCUE"... I recently checked my "list". Apparently I bought over a 100 pieces in the last year!! [most under $5.] -- And here's me with NO wall SPACE! Or any other for that matter... ART and YARN have literally "blobbed" my house!
      And, then there's the ELDERLY-PARENTAL-UNITS "herding", but THAT's a whole OTHER "BLOG"!
      ;-D

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.