Sunday 12 March 2017

Handmade Monday #16

Welcome to Handmade Monday, our weekly craft linky.
Come and join us, share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

How's your week been? Have you had time for any crafting? I received a skein of the most beautiful yarn from EasyKnits.co.uk, so I've been balling it up and testing it out with some samples squares.


Now onto the features from last week's Handmade Monday.
Vicky and her family made this lovely pebble wall hanging after a day out together. what a great way to involve everyone and make something beautiful too.

Lina from Sew Historically made her own stamps with nothing more than a scrap of craft foam and an old cork. I'm a sucker for keeping corks, they look like they are going to be useful so I have quite a tub full now and this is such a versatile idea. 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

We have a Handmade Monday Facebook Group where here we share tips and ideas. If you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us, just send a request. Every entry to Handmade Monday gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too, send a request to join this group board if you love to pin.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure, more information can be found here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

15 comments:

  1. I adore the colour of your new yarn, it looks so rich.
    Hi Julia, I haven't been about for a while and this is my first time on your Linky Party, I managed to find my way over from Victoria's Place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,I'm so pleased you been able to find us here, it's so lovely when 'old' Handmade Mondayers join us - feels like old times!

      Delete
  2. I have tubs of corks, bottle caps and the wooden caps that come with tequila bottles, all just waiting for the right craft to come along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Susan, that's why this make you own stamps idea appealed to me so much. They really are too good to just throw away aren't they?!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting! I've not had a good couple of weeks, but I'm finally back to my embroidery! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Caroline, sorry you've not been having a great time, hopefully things are improving for you. Time with your embroidery has to be a good thing, right?

      Delete
  4. Love the look of that wool and the pattern you are doing is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I'm pleased with my samples and have started the "real thing" now. The wool is just a delight to work with, I'm loving it.

      Delete
  5. Oooo...YARN-IN-THE-MAIL!
    #StashAcquisitionENVY
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, the postman doesn't get to deliver much more welcome parcels than that right, I nearly snatched it out of his hand!

      Delete
  6. I have to check out the cork and craft foam stamp. Thanks for hosting, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good doesn't it - simple but fun. Thanks for joining in this week Pam, always a pleasure to see you :-)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for featuring my cork & craft foam stamp! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Lina, it seems a lot of us find corks too useful looking to throw them away!

      Delete
  8. Yay! So glad I found this link. I've just restarted blogging and have tonnes to share in the future. I love looking through what everyone else has been making for some inspiration

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.