Sunday 25 June 2017

Handmade Monday #31

Welcome to another Handmade Monday Craft Link up!
Hellloooo and welcome to this weeks Handmade Monday. This is the place where we share our makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas, find some new inspiration and connect with our fellow bloggers.

How's your week been? 
Most of this week was an absolute scorcher in the UK, we've all been getting outside to enjoy it as much as we can. UK people know to grab good weather whenever they can, for some reason we think it won't last!! I've not had much crafting time but I have been continuing with the fun instagram challenge #ColourMyEveryDay and when the prompt was 'Natural' I stopped for 5 minutes on my way home to take these photos.
This is the style of planting our local council have been doing for a few years now. Instead of old fashioned planters full of expensive bedding plants they dig up a strip of grass either in the central reservation of main roads, on road sides, and large roundabouts and sprinkle wild flower seeds instead. The results are stunning, last all summer and come back again for several years without them having to do a thing. I admire this section of planting everyday as I zoom past in my car so it was lovely to stop and really appriciate it.

Here are the features from last weeks linky:
Has everyone been following the progress Catherine from Hillview Embroidery has been sharing over the last few months on her beautiful canvaswork castle? I have loved seeing it develop over time and now it's finished - YAY! What an achievement.

What would you do if you saw a broken chair and a scaffolding plank in a skip? Me - I would probably just walk on by but Claire from Pillar Box Blue has other ideas. She made a bench - of course she did - so now her family have somewhere nice to sit when they put on their shoes whilst we still plonk ourselves on the stairs in our house!! 


Congratulations to both of you, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, please so take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.
We have a facebook group where we share useful or interesting things too so send a request if you'd liek to join us. 

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Julie for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so much for featuring my scaffolding bench. I too enjoyd the hot weather this week and didn't get much crafting done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos - I love meadows! And both features are so inspiring, as always :).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.