Sunday 18 June 2017

Handmade Monday #30

It's time for another Handmade Monday!
Welcome to Handmade Monday, the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas or just find some new inspiration.

How is everyone? Spending time making a fuss of any Dad's in your life I hope. Have you had any time for making or baking this week? I rustled up a quick Father's Day card for my dad inspired by the idea shared here last week by The Crafty Lumberjacks. I did mine a little differently from their tutorial in the end, just using what I had, but "Thanks guys" for the idea!

Now, without further ado, here are the features from last weeks linky:
I'm amazed by the beautiful attention to detail that Lina from Sew Historically put into this beautiful Edwardian Lace combing jacket. To be honest I'd never even heard of a combing jacket so it was a little history lesson at the same time.

Wendy from My French Twist shared this beautiful macrame hanging herb garden. As a child of the 70's I have a soft spot for macrame so I love to see a modern take on it like this. 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, please so take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.
The world is full of sadness at the moment with a host of tragic events so let's spread a little kindness but taking time to support one another.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a tweak of your idea but turned out ok. My dad liked it, which is the main thing! :-)

      Delete
  2. Good feature, I love Wendy's macrame herb garden. Hope you enjoy the sunshine this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bit of macrame, especially something a little different like this.
      It's so nice to enjoy a bit of summer isn't it, long may it last!

      Delete
  3. Hi Julie, I love your card you made. Thanks for hosting the fun and enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, thanks, you have a great week too. Thanks for stopping by and joining us.

      Delete
  4. Julie that macrame is so pretty and it really makes a statement on the wall. Almost makes me want to try my hand at it. Have a great week and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it? Would really brighten up a dull space. Thanks for stoping by, joining in Handmade Monday.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for featuring my combing jacket, Julie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Lina, I loved reading about your beautiful jacket.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.