Sunday 29 January 2017

Handmade Monday #10

Hi and welcome to Handmade Monday. 
This is the place to share your makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and to find some new inspiration. It's been so lovely to see a few new faces joining Handmade Monday, it's fun to have some interesting craft blogs to dip into.
Can I take this chance to remind everyone this linky is all about handmade, please don't link up posts you have which are not in keeping with that theme.

So, what 'making' have you been up to this week?
I've been working on a fun stitching project, playing with all those stitches on my sewing machine that I never normally use.

I'm also trying to get organised with all those half written blog posts and half finished projects I have lying around. More focus and less flighty, that's what I'm aiming for!

Now here are the features from last week's Handmade Monday.

The super talented Clare Willcocks shared these amazing little painted people - she has big plans for them. Top tip: follow her on facebook and you get to see sneaky peeks of all her art as she goes along! 

I am in love with these gorgeous little crochet stars from AnneMarie's HaakBlog, could those colours be any more pretty together? 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

And now for this weeks linky.
Every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board.
We also have a Facebook group for people who link up regularly. We are still working on the best way to use this group, but if you like to link up here regularly you are welcome to join us.

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Is it craft related? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see what you've been up to. This is not the place for shops, link parties or posts with just other people's work. Giveaways are fine as long as they are craft related.
  • Add the link to your blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week, but please try to make sure it's something you've not linked up here before.
  • Have fun! Mingle - visit some of the other links - that's the whole point! Leave them a comment, maybe share on pinterest, twitter or your other favourite social media. Let's support one another and grow our craft community.
  • If you'd like to follow me in some way (buttons to find me are on the side at the top) then that would be just lovely. If you'd like to tell others about Handmade Monday then that would be just lovely too.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting another HM. Love those stitches on the sewing machine use mine a lot for crazy patchwork designs. Claires work is always fantastic and love the crochet circles form Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, crazy patchwork, I've not tried that for ages. Now my machine & I are on such good terms I might have a dabble. Thanks, I'll have to look at your blog for some inspiration :-)

      Delete
  2. I've never had a play with all the 'fancy' stitches on my machine and I don't even know what all the feet are! I really ought to follow your example and have a play. Ohh and aren't Clare's people wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun, normally I just stitch & maybe zig zag! I do refer to my little book for the feet & accessories sometimes & found the button hole contraption and zipper foot really do work quite well, it's just a case of remembering you've got them.
      And yes, Claire's people are just fab!

      Delete
  3. I love the colours of your 'fancy' stitches Julia. I hardly ever use my machine for those kind of decorative stitches either!
    My machine is feeling a bit unwell at the moment (the belt-drive is slipping) which is causing bad stitches and the occasional seize up.
    I am having to think hard whether to pay to get it fixed or invest in a new one. It's a Bernina 1015 which I've had since I was 19 (25 years ago!!) as you can imagine I love my machine to bits so its a hard decision.....any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, a poorly machine is not good. I had a sewing machine for my 18th (some, cough, 25+ years ago!) , inherited my mums old one a few years back & finally had a brand new one for my birthday last year . I got a Janome 525s as it had good reviews & found out later it's what they used on Sewing Bee. It's not dead fancy but it's been great with everything I've asked of it, & it's SO much quieter than my old one. I'm really happy with it.
      I do get the sentimental thing though, your first sewing machine is like your first car, you go through a lot together!

      Delete
  4. Hi Julia, thank you for the party. I love trying out stitches on my sewing machine and there are lots I haven't tried yet! Have fun with your stitches!!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne, and thanks for joining us at handmade Monday.

      Delete
  5. Oh my! Thank you so much for featuring me! I've only just realised as it's the first time I've had a moment to have a look at Handmade Monday - bit late I know :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.