Friday 19 February 2016

Running Stitch Embroidered Cushion Cover

Here is a really simple idea to fancy up a plain cushion or pillow cover.
 Today I'm over on The Pinning Mama again and sharing one of those rare projects - the kind that turn out better than you expected!
I love those variegated multicoloured knitting yarns that change colour as they go. Some times they give you a lovely mixed up design and sometimes you get a large blob of one colour for no apparent reason. 
Anyway, I hadn't realised you could get this kind of multicoloured delight in embroidery thread too.
Turns out both Anchor and DMC (that's the brands that our local craft shop stock) have quite a few different colour variations in both stranded and pearl thread.
I couldn't resist and chose one with bright pastels that go nicely with the rug in our living room.

A very plain cream cushion cover then got a makeover with a bit of very simple embroidery.

You can find a much more detailed tutorial on The Pinning Mama here.


Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    I see you are a DIY blogger. You have creative ideas for projects looking around here.
    I wanted to return the "blog love" and visit your site too. Thanks again for the visit. Nice meeting you today.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful Julie :)
    Pretty, adds colors, yet very elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elegant is such a lovely compliment, thank you Winnie

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, great idea :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, the best thing is it was so easy. I am pleased how it turned out.

      Delete
  4. You were way ahead of us! Great to meet you today Julie, hope you enjoyed the rest of the show. Jo x
    http://joeveryday19@blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I had such a good day, it was lovely to meet so many like minded people. Now I have a kabillion photos to edit and bags full of business cards to make sense of ready to share all the goodies I saw.

      Delete
  5. I like the simplicity of the running stitch yet so effective and pretty in the random thread

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Trying my hand at embroidery at the minute loving it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving embroidery at the minute. That thread looks great

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, you did a wonderful job embroidering this pillow!! It looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty thread, I love hand embroidery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie, just a quick note to let you know that I’ve featured this post today on The Really Crafty Link Party Features. Come and grab an “I was featured” button and browse around for the other features here: http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/02/the-really-crafty-link-party-featured-posts.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful!! It's true artwork for me! I chose this DIY as one of my favorites from last week’s craft party! Please stop by tonight at 7pm EST. to see it being featured! Hopefully you’ll share new posts with us! Always glad to have you! www.diy-crush.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply pretty.

    Cheers
    Vasudha

    Http://vsomayaji.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.