Thursday 25 February 2016

CHSI Stitches show part 2

More highlights of the CHSI stitches 2016 show earlier this week.
CHSI stitches show 2016
On Tuesday I shared some of the yarn highlights from this years CHSI stitches show, today I have the rest. Mostly sewing, wowza there was A LOT of great fabric and sewing ideas, but also the other bits and pieces I saw and loved.

Dashwood Studio is a lovely UK based textile design company and their stand had quite possibly my favourite thing in the whole show.
fabric hoop quote
I shared this on instagram whilst I was still at the show. I just think this is not only fun, cute and pretty but it is just a great bit of advice too. It was made by the super talented The Primrose Parasol (find her of Facebook here and instagram here)The Dashwood studio stand also had some really beautiful modern quilts. They are made by Joanne Jones, find her on instagram here.

This Tessepatch idea from Craft Yourself Silly really caught my eye too, a really clever twist on the traditional paper piecing patchwork.
tessepatch
The cats are my favourite but I think the little Scottie dogs would look amazing in black, white, red and tartan.
They come in 2 sizes as precut paper templates or studier 2 part templates for clever pattern placement if that's your thing.

Making your own knickers (underpants) is a real trend apparently, I saw a couple of companies doing really pretty kits.
This one from Flo-Jo:
And this one from The New Craft House:
What a lovely present idea for a friend who sews - you can never have too many pairs after all!

I really like this denim cushion, it is from The Denim Studio by AGF . I love the simple stitching with the patchwork, such a lovely idea.

With so many people enjoying the colouring in trend this "Colour me in" range from Pink Pineapple really caught my eye. They've got loads of ready printed fabric products for you to colour with fabric pens.
Such cute and modern designs. From their website it looks like this is UK only shipping at the moment.

Now just stop for a moment and admire this gorgeous heart canvas. 
This is by the lovely and talented Jo aka Shabby Dandelion. You can buy Jo's beautiful art in her etsy shop, she also teaches classes here in the UK. If you are from further afield her blog has loads of information about how she achieves her layered, shabby, "distressed to perfection" art.

My "most beautiful bunting or garland" of the show is this lovely lovely thing from Lea Lu Designs.
It is available (UK only again I'm afraid) as a kit and they have a whole range of beautifully soft fabrics and kits to make all sorts of things including clothes. 

Now I must apologise for this awful photo but I was very excited to see Stuart Hillard, from The Great British Sewing Bee's first series (I seem to recall a rather fab skirt with tulip pockets) He had just finished a demonstration to make a lovely bag, just out of shot, and this was the "Ta-Dah!" moment.

My day at the CHSI Stitches 2016 show started with a bloggers breakfast, where I got to meet some lovely people and was given a goodie bag from DMC. As well as the cotton yarn and crochet hook I showed on Tuesday the bag contained a new DMC product Custom by me. It's a self adhesive cross stitch design sheet which allows you to cross stitch onto anything easily. The sheet then just washes away leaving the stitching in place, perfect for beginners.
We also had some Coloris thread so I got to work over our tea and pastries and started a little sashiko inspired design onto my bag.
I'd like to add a little more and then give it a good press with the iron but the colours of the thread go so nicely with the navy bag with it's beige handles. I didn't feel embarrassed to walk round the show with it over my shoulder in it's unfinished state!

That's it, I won't bore you with more of the gazzillion photo I took! It looks like the craft industry is thriving and there are a lot of us who just like making things!
You might also be interested in:
Handmade fair highlights
Handmade fair highlights
Ribbon Gift Tag and Card Topper
Ribbon Gift Tag and Card Topper
CHSI stitches show 2016
CHSI stitches show 2016
Photo Earring Gift Card
Photo Earring Gift Card
I'll be linking up at some of these lovely link parties.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Thanks for sharing your photos of the show! The little hoop at the top is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... LOVE that shabby bunting!
    Anyhoo, great pics! Thanks for the "review"!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a pretty stall, the fabric they had to make their clothes patterns was just so soft, both in colours and texture.

      Delete
  3. Wow, love everything. Like the idea of a knicker kit in a tube, so cute. My favourite is also the hoop love words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much there, this is just a tiny snippet! I think the kits in a tub are so sweet, great gift ideas.

      Delete
  4. I saw that hoop on IG, I love it ! and that canvas heart is gorgeous. I have seen some of those knicker kits but hmmmmm not sure, I need the big ones these days to cover my bum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what sizes the knicker kits come in I didn't check!
      The fabric company, Dashwood studio were lovely, once I instgramed this photo they got in touch so I could find and link to the talented lady who made it.

      Delete
  5. You look like you had such a fab time and what inspiring projects! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did Jenny, we got tea and food too, so it was a perfect day out!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, so much fabulousness in one place, a real feast for the eyes :)

    (if fabulousness isn't a word, it really should be)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.