Saturday 31 January 2015

Crochet House Card

I crocheted this cute little granny square house after seeing it on pinterest and then made it into a card for a very lovely friend.

Crochet Granny Square House
This post has been a long time coming. It's nearly my friend Angela's birthday again! Somehow this got temporarily misplaced in my archives. When I was invited to join the 2015 Pinterest Challenge* I remembered this project and how much I had enjoyed making it.

I saw this lovely little adaptation of a granny square to crochet on pinterest (of course) from Polkadotted Rainbows and knew I had to give it a try.
Here's the pin link too if you want it. 
There is no pattern but there is a link to a variation on the house pattern. It was not too difficult to follow what Polkadotted Rainbows had done (just squared off the bottom corners basically) and I love how it came out.
Crocheted House Birthday Card
My lovely friend Angela is a very crafty person who even has a sewing room (not jealous, not jealous, just happy for her!) so I figured she would appreciate this little bit of crochet.
I just stitched it loosely onto this cute sewing themed paper and mounted that on card. This is what the back looked like.
I thought maybe Angela could snip it off and use it as a coaster in her lovely aforementioned sewing room.
Card with Crochet house
I would love to make this again sometime and use it for a house warming card or picture.

*The 2015 Pinterest Challenge is a group of creative bloggers who plan to share something they've made each month inspired by something they first saw on pinterest. For me this is a no brainer, I see a lot of things on pinterest that inspire me! 
Here are the contributors for January, check out their lovely project and be inspired!
The 2015 Pinterest Challenge January

You might also be interested in:
Diamond STitch Crochet Baby Blanket
Diamond Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket
Earphone Wire Tidy
Earphone Wire Tidy
Harry Potter Scarf Pattern
Harry Potter Scarf Pattern
Crochet Owl Brooch
Crochet Owl Brooch
I'll be linking up to all these great link parties, why not go and have a look!
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

38 comments:

  1. So cute Julia! I'm trying to conquer knitting atm, trying fair isle next week! But I'd lve to try crochet soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair Isle - that's pretty advanced! I love to knit and crochet but I have to say, crochet is much quicker. When you do decide to have a go there are loads of great tutorials on you tube which are a massive help getting started.

      Delete
  2. I love how colorful that little house is! I'd totally use that for a hot pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, what a great idea. You could use a super chunky wool, or even double up normal wool and a nice big hook. It would make a lovely thick house for a hot pad.

      Delete
  3. What a special gift for a friend! Handmade things always carry so much more meaning and you know that the person giving it to you must really care. I have no crochet abilities whatsoever, but I'd love to be the recipient of this beautiful project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice when people appreciate handmade things, people who know me get a lot of them! Hopefully they are not just humouring me!

      Delete
  4. That is really cute, love the vibrant colors, very clever into a card.

    Thanks for sharing on Friday Features
    Have a great day!!
    Karren @Oh My Heartsie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how sweet is this. I love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! Love this idea! Thank you for sharing!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love THIS! "Ideas" are already running through my head! :-D
    I'm a diehard Crocheter. Got the Card-stock. Plus a "burial-HOARD" of YARN! And I have been wanting to do SOMETHING with little Houses or Boats... Just need the "Assembly-is-Required" time!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every knitter or crocheter has a stash of little bits that might just "come in for something"
      I'm now thinking these would look cute if there were a little row of them, all different colours, on something, maybe the bottom of curtains, or a draught excluder...I'm thinking out loud now! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

      Delete
  8. So cute! I love the house and the paper on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea, love the house so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous and striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love this, it is so sweet :)

    Great work. Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays, pinning...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this cute little house. I am sure your friend appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Mlissabeth, she most certainly did (but as I mentioned she is a very lovely friend!)

      Delete
  13. This colourful little house is so cute and turning it into a card is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol! I saw yours on Pinterest the other day and pinned it! I think it is just so cute! Thanks for sharing it on #TotallyTerrificTuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I love a little bit of pinning myself and it's so nice to hear when people like my stuff enough to pin too.

      Delete
  15. That is very cute! I'd be so happy if somebody gave me a card like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this. Its quaint, and for a card or afghan its perfect. I found you on EyeLoveKnots linky love this week. I love to find new blogs to follow. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Crystal
    Crochet A Day In The Life
    http://krystlewv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet. i haven't gone past the granny squares when it comes to crochet. i need to conquer my fears :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only a step away from a granny square - honestly. It's all the same stitches you just tweak the shape a little bit.Good luck!

      Delete
  18. Julie, I'm so pleased to be on the receiving end of your craftiness! This decorates my sewing room beautifully. I hadn't thought of using it as a coaster, I thought of framing it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang! Framing it is good too - if you prefer! Glad you like it, but it is almost time for me to think of a card idea for you for this year!

      Delete
  19. That is DARLING!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! I never would have thought of this in a million years!

    I'd love to have you link this up at my Yarn Fanatic Party (and enter the giveaway while you're there too)! http://philwife.blogspot.com/2015/02/yarn-fanatic-party-22-heartspun-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Sweet!!Stopping by here from the Pretty Pintastic Party...Smiles.Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for submitting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love, love, love this! Thanks for linking this up this week at Merry Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love this. especially the frame idea. pinned

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO cute! I love your Pinterest monthly challenge - great idea! xo Bre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bre, Pinterest is just such an amazing source of ideas, it's nice to have an excuse to try some.

      Delete
  26. What a crafty idea for a crafty friend! This is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.