Saturday 7 February 2015

A little tribute to Jenny Part 2

Continuing my Sum of their Stories tributes, February 7th was my Mum's birthday. Last year I shared some thing she had knitted for our son. This year you are in for a treat as I'm sharing a fabulous picture of myself wearing a dress she made for me.
If you can drag your eyes from the belly, the glasses, the slippers and the socks you will see it is a beautifully made dress. Just look at those lovely puffy sleeves and see how nicely the collar sits. Mum didn't make masses of clothes but when she did her attention to detail was amazing. Everything was finished beautifully.

Also take a moment to admire my gorgeous 10th birthday cake, also made by my Mum. The photo is taken out in the garden as we didn't have a flash on the camera - simpler times eh!
So today I'm remembered my Mum, how much she taught me and how supportive she was of all my creative endeavours x
You can see the other tributes I've shared here.
You might also be interested in:
A little tribute to Jenny
A little tribute to Jenny
A little tribute to Ellen
A little tribute to Ellen
A little tribute to Pearl 2
A little tribute to Pearl 2
A little tribute to Pearl
A little tribute to Pearl
I'll be linking up at these great link parties.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful birthday tribute to your dear Mum, thank you so much for sharing such precious memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute, and a sweet dress. I remember having slippers like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was one of my favourites at the time, I think I still have a few scraps of the fabric in my stash somewhere.
      I do remember those slippers being dead comfy!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, memories. I was raised by my grandmother an she was a great seamstress. She made just about everything I wore. As a teen I would just draw what I wanted and she would whip it up for me. It's wonderful the had women in our lives that cared for us. Sewed our clothes and made us cake. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Grandma sounds amazing and very talented.
      It's funny how important the little things are when you look back isn't it.

      Delete
  4. To cherish memories such as this/these is divine. What a treasure!

    Hugs and happy week,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sentiment you have for your mum! Your mum sounds like she was definitely a gifted, talented, and creative woman! Thanks for sharing your heart in this post. I loved reading every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Alexa. (Yes she was!)

      Delete
  6. Great picture, a lovely tribute and lovely memories.

    Thank you for stopping by blog the other week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet - the dress & cake (and the slippers) - remembering your mother. Visiting from Sunday Showcase.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet tribute...and equally as sweet is that little girl. It's a precious picture of you! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.