Sunday 29 September 2013

School Reunion Cake Toppers

School reunion Cake toppers
Last night was my husbands school reunion and I promised to make some cupcakes.

I made the little toppers by shrinking down a picture of the school badge to about 4cm x 3.5cm and pasting it into a word document over and over. I then just printed these on thickish paper (about 120gsm). I got 12 pairs of images on each sheet.
I cut them out in pairs, as I wanted them double sided. Then I just sellotaped a cocktail stick to one side, glued the other side and folded them shut. Cocktail sticks were fine for this as everyone at the party was a grown up. I would use lolly sticks for a children's party!

We also had a picture of the old school rugby shirt, so I shrunk that down too, and printed it out in the same way. The last batch were just a little name and date label that I made by creating a table in my word document.

The school colours were navy & sky blue. (what can go wrong) Here's a great piece of advice - if you want navy paper cases, don't assume any shops will have them the day before you want them - they wont! Order them online from somewhere in plenty of time or you may end up with pale blue cases instead. (which were ok but not what I had in mind) 

Also, blue gel food colouring makes your tongue and lips blue - I'm just saying!

They looked pretty and tasted good, so all's well.

You might also be interested in:


Birdcage Card Ideas
Birdcage Card Ideas
Easy Peasy Banana Muffins
Easy Peasy banana Muffins
UK Coin Picture
UK Coin Picture
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.