Wednesday 18 September 2013

Phone Charger Holder

This is such a great idea that I can take absolutely no credit for!

This was what our "Charging Station" used to look like:
Not good!

I found this tutorial on Make it & Love it

These were the containers I started with:
I peeled off the labels - this proved to be a little bit more difficult that I anticipated. The bubble bath bottle had a sticky layer left on it and the Cif was a nightmare!

I have this bottle of liquid called Sticky Stuff remover which I've had for years. It works a treat on exactly this kind of sticky mess. You glug it on, leave it for a minute and then rub with a bit of kitchen paper and the glue/glue & paper just comes off. (I have heard that you can use baby oil to remove sticky residue but I've never tried that so can't comment. I guess you could try soaking them in warm soapy water too)

I washed and dried them thoroughly. Then I followed the instructions on Make it & Love it up to the point where Ashley painted them. I left mine see-through as I didn't think the men/boys in the house would use anything that was too pretty! As we have switches next to the sockets here in the UK I had to keep testing & then trimming them till they fitted right, but this was dead easy.
Ta Dah! Much better.

(There is an "at your own risk" warning on the Make it & Love it site and a lot of comments about whether this is safe to put on a socket, questions about it getting hot/melting etc.
Mine haven't even got warm in use)

(what can go wrong) I was feeling very happy about our new tidy "Charging Station" until this happened!
You win some, you loose some!

You might also be interested in:


Earrings Organised
Earrings Organised
Padded Camera Strap
Padded Camera Strap
Uk Coin Picture
UK Coin Picture
Bracelet to Necklace Repurpose
Bracelet to Necklace Repurpose
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.