Sunday 19 November 2017

Handmade Monday #52

Hi and welcome to the 52nd Handmade Monday link up here at Sum of their Stories. 
Handmade Monday is our weekly craft link up, a chance to share our makes, bakes and other handmade craft ideas and find some new inspiration.

Some things are easy to believe and somethings are next to impossible. Can you believe it has been a whole year since I took over the hosting of Handmade Monday from the lovely Vicky of Lucy Blossom Crafts? I know I can't! It's week 52, that's a whole year! (stating the obvious sorry)
I love that we have so many newbies to Handmade Monday who have joined us over the year, and I love that some of you have stuck with us from the days at Handmade Harbour and Lucy Blossom Crafts. 
Have you had chance to get your craft on this week. I have had fun with this: 
But that's all I'm showing you for now...more later in the week!

Now let's look at the features from last weeks Handmade Monday:
Chas shared this lovely sunflower wreath made from clothes pegs, isn't it pretty?

Chrissie D showed us a beautiful Highland Cattle Cushion she made using an amazing technique called FPP. Isn't it cool?

It seems I am a sucker for a granny square crochet project, I do seem to choose them a lot as my favourites! Take this banner from Made by Demi, so sweet that I just can't help myself!

Congratulations to you all, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

Handmade Monday is all about building a craft community, so please take a few minutes to visit some of the other links, leave a comment, and maybe share your favourites on the social media of your choice if you can.


Come and pin with me!!! We have a Handmade Monday group Pinterest board and you are welcome to pin your projects there too. Follow me and the board then send me a request letting me know the email address you use for Pinterest. 

The rules for Handmade Monday are simple:
  • Did you make it? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see it!
  • Add the link to a specific blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week.
  • Mingle - visit some of the other links - comment - sharelet's support one another and grow our craft community.
If you're not sure on anything, more information can be found here.



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Julie for featuring my granny square banner!!! It's great to party with you every week :)
    Demi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so sweet, it was my absolute pleasure to pick it out as a feature. I love trying new crochet stitches & patterns but there is a special place in my heart for the humble granny square!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for running the link party for a year. I guess I am one of the oldies, as I have been linking since it was Handmade Harbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been fun, I love that you’ve stuck around with us. I remember than the link ups at Handmade Harbour were where I first found you and your amazing knit patterns & ideas :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for hosting Handmade Monday for a whole year! It's been lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sticking with us Caroline, I’ve enjoyed it so it’s nice to hear others have too :-)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely selection, I love the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It’s gorgeous isn’t it? I find it so hard to pick features every week, I could easily pick 6 or 7 every week!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so very much for the feature and thanks for hosting a wonderful place for all of us to share ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Chas, I’m so pleasure you are able to join us regularly:-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful handmades from all the participants one again. Congrats to all! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Marilyn, I hope you’ve had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting the fun and enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie I love that pillow such a cool look. And congrats on your one year with the party. I know it can be so hard (and for me it only gets harder) to pick the features each week. So much talent out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to Handmade Monday! I hope HM will continue as a source of inspirations for us bloggers and crafters.
    You know I've been ogling at that Highland cow pillow last week! It's just FAB!! Love the wreath and the granny squares too. I just got my bamboo yarns, I hope I get time to learn more about crochet. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.