Sunday 18 December 2016

Handmade Monday #5

Hello, welcome to Handmade Monday, the place to share your adventures in crafting!
I'm so pleased you have been able to stop by. Share your latest crafting projects and ideas here and then take a few minutes to see what other people have been up to. Last week we had quite a few newbies to our linky which was very exciting. We also had a few people I remember joining Handmade Monday's a long time ago so that was really exciting too. Welcome and welcome back! 

Next week Handmade Monday is taking a Christmas break. I plan to spend next Sunday evening watching the Doctor Who Christmas Special and eating mince pies. (best ever recipe here if you're interested) 

Is there any TV you are especially looking forward to over the festive season? 

The Crafty Lumberjacks linked up last week with their glittery decor quote from Home Alone and got me thinking again about what is my favourite Christmas film. I decided for me it has to be Nativity. It was filmed in my home town Coventry, (of Lady Godiva and being 'sent to Coventry' fame) stars loads of local school kids and is just lovely and heartwarming, a bit silly and very sweet - Everything a Christmas film should be. My next choice is probably Elf , then maybe Love Actually. Do you have a favourite?


Enough rambling from me, these are the fantastic features from last week's linky.


These lovely little knitted Christmas trees are from Knitting and so on, and there is a free pattern too.


Ginx crafts showed us these beautiful pyramid lavender bags with pretty embroidery. Definitely nothing like a popular brand of tea bags! 

Congratulations, here is a "Yay! I was featured" button for your blog.



Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML

And now for this weeks linky.
Remember every entry gets pinned onto our Handmade Monday pinterest board too, if you'd like to join the board and pin directly just send me a message with your pinterest email.

The rules are pretty straightforward:
  • Did you make it? Is it craft related? Yes - hooray, we'd love to see what you've been up to. This is not the place for shops, link parties or posts with just other people's work. Giveaways are fine as long as they are craft related.
  • Add the link to your blog post, not your main site URL.
  • Link up to 3 posts each week, but try to make sure it's something you've not linked up here before.
  • Have fun! Mingle - visit some of the other links - that's the whole point! Leave them a comment, maybe share on pinterest, twitter or your other favourite social media. Let's support one another and grow our craft community.
  • If you'd like to follow me in some way (buttons to find me are on the side at the top) then that would be just lovely. If you'd like to tell others about Handmade Monday then that would be just lovely too.
Remember no Handmade Monday next week, I'll see you in the new year!



Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my knitting Xmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, I have linked up for the first time. Like you I will be eating mince pies watching, the Christmas specials of bake off, Dr Who and Call the Midwife. Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I forgot the Bake off specials. They will make up for the fact there is no more Downton Abbey!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up :-)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty post. We tend to watch films at Christmas some old Harry Potter, LOTH, some new Star Trek. Always watch the Holiday though as filmed not far from here and gets me in the holiday mood, not that that takes much as love this time of year,

    Thanks for the reminder of the Bake Off would not miss that for the world, roll on next year for the Sewing Bee.

    Have a very Happy Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Holiday is a lovely film, way more snow than we normally get in December but even so I do remember enjoying it!
      I'm looking forward to Bake off, and of course next years sewing bee. Maybe we need Sewing Bee Christmas Specials!? Have you been watching Kirstie's Handmade Christmas? I've been enjoying them too.

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.