Wednesday 20 January 2016

Recycled Plastic Valentine Hearts

We seem to collect dozens of plastic tubs in our house so I was happy to find a way to recycle them into pretty valentine heart decorations.
Marbled Valentine hearts
I'm over at The Pinning Mama today with a tutorial to turn an old margarine tub into these pretty hanging hearts using the popular "marbling with nail polish" technique. 
Over the last year or so I've seen so many objects beautified with this technique I've been itching to try it out on something. 
recycled plastic marbled valentine hearts
They are super inexpensive and such fun to make, this nail polish marbling is like magic. It is a bit messy though and you have very little control over how your heart comes out - for me that was part of the fun!
Pop on over to The Pinning Mama now to see the full step by step tutorial here
recycled plastic marbled hearts
Use them as decorations, gift tags, card toppers or anything else you can think of! Enjoy!

Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Olga, I am pretty pleased with them myself!

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty, and never would I have guessed that they're made from old plastic tubs! So creative, and perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came out better than I could have hoped - and plastic tubs make a great source of thin plastic you can cut with scissors. And if it all goes wrong you haven't spent a fortune wither!

      Delete
  3. So pretty and would not have known what they were made from either, off to check out the link

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very pretty, and I love how they are recycled too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this effect, I use plastic milk cartons too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, and so many uses outside of Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post! And what a great way to start February!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute hearts! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on our MM Pinterest Board! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an incredible idea! Those hearts are amazing and are made from recyclable plastic. Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to make such too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice blog. I really like the information provided regarding recycling plastic products. Hope to get some more information in future also.
    Recycle plastic scrap

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.