Friday 5 December 2014

Framed Christmas Tree Print

Is it ok to give a framed Christmas Print to someone when their birthday falls at the end of November / beginning of December?

I think it is, after all who wouldn't want a beautiful addition to their seasonal décor? So with that in mind I made this gift for a friend whose birthday was a couple of weeks ago.
Printable Christmas tree verse framed gift
I downloaded and then printed this beautiful Christmas tree verse printable from Yellow Bliss Road
The frame I had was an inexpensive Nytjia 13cm x 18cm one from Ikea. They come in a pack of two for just £2.75 and are perfect for decorating a little.
I printed the lovely tree printable at 60% to shrink it down enough to fit the frame.
This little yellow star was from my stash of bits from old cards and was just the right size. I just gave it a little sparkle with Mod Podge and glitter then glued it in place. I left the clear plastic out of the frame to allow for the thickness of the star.

Next I fancied up the frame just a little with Washi tape:
and then some little layered bows (also from my stash - seriously, never throw things away, you never know when you might want them!)
I could have gone on and on but the print is so lovely I didn't want to "gild the lily", less is more and all that. Christmas verse printable framed gift
Super easy and super cute - It doesn't even have to be a gift, you could make one for yourself!

Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road has tons of the most lovely printables, you can find them all here. But be ready to pin if you are a pinterest fan as there are loads and if you are anything like me you are going to want to be able to find them over and over again.
You might also be interested in:
Patchwork Gift Box
Patchwork Gift Box
Share a Coke with Picture
Share a Coke with Picture
Personalised Wedding Picture
Personalised Wedding Picture
Recycled Gift Wrap Ideas
Recycled Gift Wrap Ideas
I'll be linking up this project at all these lovely link parties, pop over for a look at loads of projects from other blogs
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

15 comments:

  1. This looks great, what a good idea, thanks for sharing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the star and made it 3D with the glitter and mod podge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely idea! I have to say, your washi-taping is very neat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, all thanks to the super re-positional qualities of washi tape!

      Delete
  4. The print looks gorgeous and the star really adds to it. Thanks for sharing the link to the printables.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, I hope you enjoy checking out all the fab printables at Yellow Bliss Road.

      Delete
  5. What an amazing print, I've bookmarked her site ready to explore later. I love how you've spruced up the frame with the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Bdays near Christmas are always hard, but this is a lovely gift. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.
    (You were featured last week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll definitely be popping back this week. A feature is always such an honour, you have so many great projects to choose from.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely gift!! Love the way you made the so unique and festive, taking the glass out was such a fab idea! Did she love it?? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a creative and wonderful addition to Christmas...thanks for sharing the link. Happy Saturday Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful reminder of the season! I love how simple it is yet a wonderful gift for someone (or to keep for yourself)! :)

    Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks lovely, really pretty

    Over from Saturday sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Pretty and Festive! Thank you for linking up to On Display Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.