Wednesday 2 October 2013

Quick Clock Makeover

My daughter may have gone off to Uni but she still loves the Aliens from toy story, and really, what's not to love. A stranger...from the outside....Oooooh!

So when I saw this clock in a charity shop for £1.99 I thought she might like it for her room. It was personalised with the a name Goli but we can soon fix that.
The front perspex just popped off when I turned it over and used a screwdriver to push the little sticky out bits.
I went into Publisher (because its easy and I know how to use it) made an oval auto shape and pasted a quote from the film into it.
I also considered:
A stranger...from the outside....Oooooh!
The claw chooses who will stay and who will go.
The mystic portal awaits.

I made the line around the auto shape quite thick, 3pt, so it is easier to cut out and played around with the colour until I had one I liked. The colour comes out a little bit different once printed so I just experimented a bit.

I printed it onto nice paper 120gsm, cut it out, & glued it over the name. The perspex just popped back on and ...... done.
Quick Toy Story Clock Makeover

You might also be interested in:


Harry Potter Scarf Pattern
Harry Potter Scarf
Plastic tubs to planters
Plastic tubs to Planters
UK Coin Picture
UK Coin Picture
School Reunion Cake Toppers
School Reunion Cake Toppers
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute and simple makeover! This for sharing with Life Created Tuesdays! This week's party goes live tonight; I hope you'll join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.