Saturday 30 April 2016

Ideas for your colouring pages

Have you got involved in the colouring in craze? Do you love all these beautiful colouring pages and books for adults around these days? So many gorgeous designs but what do you do with them after you've coloured them in?
ideas to use completed colouring pages
I was given a colouring book/diary for Christmas last year, it seemed like a genius idea, a week to colour each page, but my felt pens all leaked through to the other side like mad and I quickly had to decide - diary or colouring book? It couldn't be both.
I bought another diary and carried on with the colouring, just now and again when I had a minute (mostly sitting at the kitchen table whilst the dinner is in the oven. My colouring is not especially neat so no looking too closely!)
I thought it would be nice to use them rather than just leaving them in the book so I've had fun finding things to do with colouring pages.

Greeting Cards


This is an easy one, use the whole design and just trim it to fit a card blank:
card made using completed colouring pages

I just added some black outlines with a fine liner to part of this design and glued on some sequins.

You can write a message somewhere in the design like this:
ideas to use completed colouring pages

Or you can cut up the finished page and just use part of it:
ideas to use completed colouring pages
  1. This page is pretty but not spectacular
  2. Draw a number or letter in pencil and cut out with scissors or a craft knife
  3. Edge the card blank with one of the colouring pens you used in the design by putting it on scrap paper and then wizzing along the edge with your coloured marker pen
  4. Glue the number or letter onto the card blank, add a few punched shapes too if you like

Gift wrap


If your pages are big or the gift small I guess you could just use your coloured page as gift wrap.
Maybe you could make a gift bag with it?

This gift was a mug that came in it's own sturdy plain box so it was easy to cut or punch out and glue on parts of a colouring page. 
ideas to use completed colouring pages
I even had enough to make a little gift tag, by cutting out a tag shape and glueing it onto card.

The other ideas I was thinking of but haven't actually tried yet are:
  • Decorating a note book
Cut the coloured page to size and glue it on. Cover with clear sticky backed plastic if you want to make it super durable or if you are really messy!
  • Making bookmarks
Cut your coloured pages into strips and glue onto coloured card, add a tassel maybe?
  • Turning it into art
If you have one that is especially lovely it would be nice to just frame it and put it on the wall?

Have you found any other lovely ways to use colouring pages?
  
You might also be interested in:
Dictionary Page Card
Dictionary Page Card
Circle Card Crazy
Circle card Crazy
Photo Name Birthday Card
Photo Name Birthday Card
How to draw Mandala Greeting  Cards
How to draw Mandala Greeting Cards
I'll be linking up this project at these lovely link parties.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

28 comments:

  1. So cool, I love all the ideas you shared!

    They're so wonderfully dual purposed. You take time to color and create something beautiful which is relaxing and then you share with others!!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! I hope my Photo Tips can help you with your photography. (I think your shots today are great!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, it's very kind of you to say, but I think there is plenty of room for improvement! Thanks for stopping by to say hi.

      Delete
  2. What fun ways to use up the pages- such a shame to waste them stuck in the book :) well done! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just didn't think I'd ever look at them again and I hate waste!

      Delete
  3. These are fantastic ideas - super creative! I love colouring and now i've found something to do with all of those pages. Found your post at the Happiness is Homemade linky

    Nicole | The Professional Mom Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, I'm glad you are enjoying colouring, and hope you feel inspired to use some of your finished pages for something or other.

      Delete
  4. Really cute!! Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing and thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great ideas, I mount mine on coloured paper and then display them in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely idea, I think some of my favourites could make it onto the wall as art at some point.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful ideas, not quite got into the craze atm but did get a free colouring book with Daphne's Diary so may give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolee, it's a funny one as it seems like a bit of a "I've not got time for colouring" kind of thing to start with, but it is very soothing and has reminded me of how much I liked colouring as a kid!

      Delete
  7. fabulous ideas Julie, love how you've used your colouring book pages, I'm feeling inspired. Have a great week - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I may try some of the other ideas at some point and add them here. Glad you feel inspired, I know colouring in is not for everyone!

      Delete
  8. Love these ideas! Especially the wrapping paper idea! Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Pinning to share :)
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie, all my pages are pretty small so I either need to use them for tiny gifts or cut them up like I did here. I'm not sure how much time and patience I would have for a really big colouring page!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing these ideas at The Really Crafty Link party! My daughter loves to paint, so I may use some of these in the near future! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa, these ideas would work no matter how you colour.

      Delete
  10. I need to do this. I have so many coloring books. Using it for decorations is cute too.

    Have you linked up at #bloggerspotlight this week? This would be perfect!

    http://www.raisingfairiesandknights.com/bloggers-spotlight-21/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great ideas! I hate for pretty things to go to waste. I will have to try some of these. I've bookmarked your page because I may link to it in a future blog post. I have written about coloring for adults at:
    http://joditt.com/coloring-books-for-adults-top-ten-reasons-women-entrepreneurs-and-busy-moms-are-loving-them/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great ideas! I have been having fun looking at everything I make as a possible 'supply' for other creations and it opens up so many opportunities for fun. I will be offering some fitness-inspired coloring pages this month and will definitely link to this post as a resource.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute idea. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My girls love these, so I'll need to try your ideas. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab ideas - and I know it sounds daft, but I'd not thought to cut them up once done. Off to find some colouring! :) #makinghome

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I didn't think to actually use the pages I have coloured for something! Great idea. *heads off to cut them all up!* #MakingHome

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really great ideas, Julie. I love coloring and have quite an assortment of color books. Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Julie,
    I found your post today on Party in PJ's. Glad to find your site.
    What a bunch of great suggestions for using those coloring pages.
    Hope you have a blessed day~
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.