Thursday 3 March 2016

Fun Face Easter Eggs

When my kids were little they enjoyed decorating plain Easter eggs as faces to give to all their cousins.
Easter egg kids activity idea
Here in the UK all the supermarkets have shelves full of hollow chocolate eggs in boxes, usually with a mini bar of chocolate or a teeny packet of buttons/smarties etc. The eggs are usually about 6" high and are pretty inexpensive. It was these kind of eggs that our kids decorated.
Today I'm over the The Pining Mama sharing this idea but as those larger eggs are not so easily available in the US I've been trying out the idea with smaller eggs, which I understand you can get in most countries. 
Easter egg kids activity idea
Whatever sweets you can get in your local shop, some icing in a tube, maybe some sprinkles and set the kids to work!
Easter egg kids activity idea
You'll find a little more guidance over at The Pinning Mama here. I've had lots of fun preparing this post and have to confess these little samples didn't last long, I do like a creme egg with a cup of tea!

You might also be interested in:
Personalised Wedding Picture
Personalised Wedding Picture
My Mum's Chocolate Cake
My Mum's chocolate cake
Washi Tape Berry Boxes
Washi Tape Berry Boxes
CArrot Treat Bags
Carrot Treat Bags
I'll be linking up this project at some of these lovely link parties
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

21 comments:

  1. This is really cute, it reminds me of Mr Potato head, do you remember him? But in a better chocolate version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Mr (and Mrs) Potato head, I never had one when I was little but my kids were small when Toy Story first came out so I saw that A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! Will give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute. Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Sarah, the little fella with the big blue eyes is probably my favourite!

      Delete
  5. This is great !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It's a little bit sad how much I enjoyed doing these - what with me being a grown up and all!

      Delete
  7. i always love when you can play with your food and then eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy playing then eating these that's for sure! - when the kids made them a few years ago they only got to eat leftovers - I feel kind of mean now!

      Delete
  8. I love this idea and think I will give it a go with all the kids I work with. thank you so much,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun, I hope they enjoy and don't eat all the sweets and forget to make faces first!

      Delete
  9. Creme Eggs are my downfall - I'd give anything for a tray of them right now, good job I can't get hold of them here. I love what you've done with them, hollow Easter eggs are such a waste of money - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hollow eggs just have so little chocolate, we say every year it would be better just to buy a bar! Some shops here do really cheap plain "just the egg and no frills" ones which are perfect for this idea. Creme eggs are pretty awesome if a bit sickly - we have caramel ones too here which are my favourites.

      Delete
  10. They remind me of Mr Potato head as well, gave me a giggle and such fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love Mr Potato head. I never thought about ears for these but you could add ears too, like Mr PH has, maybe a bow tie too!

      Delete
  11. Hehe I love these ideas. I need a cream egg now :)

    Thanks for linking up ... pinning these too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea these are #CreativeMonday & #ReallyCraftyLinkParty

    ReplyDelete
  13. These eggs are so cute and look fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.