Wednesday 2 December 2015

Easy Paper Serviette Poinsettias

These pretty poinsettias are so easy to make from red paper serviettes or napkins.
Easy paper napkin poinsettias
I'm over at The Pinning Mama again today with a simple tutorial showing how to make pretty poinsettias from paper serviettes. I have no idea why I always seem to choose a project to share on The Pinning Mama which involves a transatlantic translation issue! Serviettes or Napkins - what do you call them where you are? I've always called them serviettes, I think a napkin is a very fancy damask thing you'd find in an episode of Downton Abbey! I gather though that, for all my US friends, these paper party thingumajigs are known as napkins.
Luckily the poinsettias are easier to make than the vocabulary is to work out.
paper serviette poinsettia

Pop over here to see how to rustle up a bunch in no time at all.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

23 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! Perfect for the Christmas table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely idea Zografia, you could make little ones to scatter on the table, or fill a shallow bowl with them.

      Delete
  2. I love poinsettias, and these are beautiful!! Yes we call them napkins in the states, at least I do. ;) I'll hop on over to the Pinning Mama and grab the tutorial, so I can make some of my own!! :) Thanks Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Keri. We really are 2 countries divided by the same language sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Very cute and so pretty as a decoration or for a special touch to a gift. Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! They make a really nice change from bows to put on presents :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare, my bow making can be a little lopsided sometimes but I do like to make presents pretty if I can.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Good - my work is done! (they are super easy - promise!)

      Delete
  8. These are just perfect!
    If you have time, I would love for you to share this post over at the
    Holidays Celebration link party that is live right now! It's such a neat idea, I'm sure our readers would love it too! (http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.pt/2015/12/holidays-celebration-link-party-4.html)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite Teresa, I'll pop by.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for linking up! Your post has been pinned to the party's Pinterest board (https://www.pinterest.com/pinteresab/holidays-celebration-2015/) and I will be posting the features later today!

      Delete
  9. These are so sweet, love this idea :)

    Pinning..Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're so pretty and great for the Christmas table! I always make mine into origami waterlilies, but that is much less festive! #creativemonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the water lily thing, isn't that where you do some folds them pop it upside down on a glass and pull the petals down into shape? This is easier, more cutting and sticking then origami!

      Delete
  11. Featured tonight and pinned to our party board, What to do Weekends. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I'm so glad you like them, I feel very honoured.

      Delete
  12. thanks for sharing- lovely touch to a present or can use it for other decorations :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are really pretty, perfect to cheer up any table.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.