Thursday 5 November 2015

Recycled Magazine Collage Art

Blank walls need art (in my opinion) so I've been making art on the cheap over the last few months to add to the blank wall space in our new home.
Simple to make art from recycled magazines and junk mail

My latest effort is this super easy collage made from old magazines and junk mail. I made it to go with the yellow table and mirror in our hall and, as I already had the frame, it was completely free! 
The story of little yellow table that started the whole "yellow" thing is here:
Today I'm over at The Pinning Mama sharing the full instructions to make this simple, cheap, recycled artwork. It's another project that has almost endless variations in terms of colour and style. 
Easy to make art from old magazines and junk mail

You might also be interested in:
Personalised Wedding Picture
Personalised Wedding Picture
Geometric DIY art
DIY Geometric Art
Share a Coke With Picture
Share a Coke With Picture
Wall of Wisdom
Wall of Wisdom
I'll be linking up this project at all these lovely link parties
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,
    Your collage art is so refreshing and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, refreshing and joyful - what lovely words! Thank you.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea. And yours is fantastic with all of that yellow popping out. I also loved your little yellow table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I'm really liking the bright yellow, especially now we have grey days and it gets dark so early!

      Delete
  3. This looks great, such a cool idea :)

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project and I love you can pretty much do any colour or theme. I'm thinking this would be great as a Christmas theme for my house. Different images I love of Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the Christmas themed idea, it might work with cards too, I might save this years cards ready to make something for next year.

      Delete
  5. By the way, would love you to link this up with us at The Creative Corner Link Up Party! It's live now :) Feel free to link up any other awesome DIY, Craft or home posts you have. Would love to have you over. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi :) http://www.pastelsandmacarons.com/2015/11/09/the-creative-corner-link-up-party/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant idea, so bright and cheery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your magazine collage is simply adorable! I am always cutting images out of magazines -- I should try something like this. Thanks for the inspiration! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, It was a fun way to use some old magazines before they went into the recycling.

      Delete
  8. This is a fantastic idea!! Very creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely project! great choice of images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect idea.
    And I always play DIY jewelry beads making.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! Your collage looks great! This would be cute to start cutting out the different themes for holiday's over the year, and then make a collage for each holiday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea Linda, I was just thinking the other day I could try a Christmas themed one, I like the thought of switching it out for holidays. Thanks

      Delete
  12. This is perfect! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we get to see your fabulous new creations. The party goes until Friday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. This collage looks bright and great Julie. Thank you for linking up with us @ #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these sunshine colours, it would be great to do one for every room and choose colours to suit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool project! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.