Tuesday 12 May 2015

Popsicle Stick Pendant

It's so easy and cheap to make pendants from popsicle sticks.
I've back at The Pinning Mama Today sharing how to make these pretty pendants from "popsicle" sticks. It does pain me to call them that - to me they are lolly sticks - always have been, always will be! I even made an image with a Lolly Stick Pendant title - just for UK readers! 

But today I am a guest at The Pinning Mama and "when in Rome" and all that, so popsicle stick it is. 
Anyway, whatever you call them they are cheap as chips and you can make 2 pendants from each one with just a scrap of pretty paper and some glue.
They would be great for kids to decorate (you'll have to prepare them first) and would make great earrings or charms too.

So pop over here to see a full tutorial and a few different versions I tried out.
Just out of interest, what do you call them in your part of the world?

Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

23 comments:

  1. NEAT.....that is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! My daughter would love to do this. Thank you for sharing on the Show and Tell link party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever and cute idea! Even better what a a great way to reuse. #SITSSharefest

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I am going to share this with my super crafty daughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Julie this is darling, I love the pink and the flowers are great!! I will check out the tut.
    Thanks for sharing on The Oh My Heartsie Girls Friday Features!!
    Hope you hae a great weekend!
    Karren
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, after looking at this for a minute, if you were making up several of these, they would be cute grouped together, a lobster claw clasp could be used and then they could be interchangeable. Just a thought.

    Thanks again for sharing!!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness those are so cute! You could use vintage fabric too! We call them Popsicle sticks but I love Lolly sticks!! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes, fabric would be lovely too - what a great idea.

      Delete
  8. Aww this is lovely :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEVER would have thought to do this, but it's brilliant! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again on Friday! Feel free to bring a friend or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks incredible! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks lovely and simple to make so I think I will be giving it a go along with a group of kids! Thank you for the easy to follow tutorial with plenty of photos and useful tips - really helpful :) Over from the Creative Monday linky - Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help, I hope it comes in useful. I think as long as an adult does the prep first then a group of kids could decorate these with minimal supervision and get great results.

      Delete
  12. What a cute idea! My son would love to pick out the design. Hopping over and checking this out, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever idea! Thank you for sharif at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! And what a great idea! Down here in Kangaroo land we call them Ice Blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice blocks is a good name, I've not heard that before. Kind of says what it is doesn't it?

      Delete
  15. Really cute and lolly sticks all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great idea. It would be the perfect craft for summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a creative idea! Love it! We're featuring it at this week's link party! Thanks for linking up each week! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2015/05/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-142.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.