Monday 16 March 2015

Photo Name Birthday Card

Here's a really personal greeting card idea that is super simple to make.
How to make a photo name card tutorial
Of course it helps if you are making it for someone as gorgeous as my nephew Luke. Honestly - just look at that lovely little face, could he be any cuter! Anyway, I digress! Back to making the card.

You need:
A computer
photo paper (not essential but nice)
A DL card blank

I used Publisher for this but I think you could just as easily use Word or Powerpoint. 
Paste your chosen photos onto a new blank document then insert word art letters and position them over the photos.
Choose a nice chunky font, select "no fill" and a 4pt or more outline.
Just think about which letters of their name goes on which photo, so that you can see most of their face nicely.
When you are happy just print onto your photo paper.
I chose to make my photos Black and White too, in Publisher you can just do that with the "adjust picture" tool "recolor". Where that is exactly will depend of what version you have.
Just cut out the letters of your little cutie patootie and stick then onto the card. Just take a minute or two to line them up nicely and make sure they are properly spaced.
I used a pretty thick outline for the lettering and cut them out leaving the outline showing. I like the outlined effect but you could just as easily have no border, especially if you have bright coloured photos. 
How to make a photo name card
I doodled a little aeroplane on the envelope. This was actually the start of my thoughts to make envelopes for handmade cards less boring. You can see some of my other efforts here and I do have some more ideas in the pipeline.
Luke loved seeing himself on his card, even though he is a little too young to be able to read yet!

You might also be interested in:
Dictionary Page Card
Dictionary Page Card
Circle Card Crazy
Circle card Crazy
Simple Speech Bubble Cards
Simple Speech Bubble Cards
Photo Earring Gift Card
Photo Earring Gift Card
I'll be linking up this project at these lovely link parties.
Sum of their Stories
Sum of their Stories

Hello, I'm Julie. I love making things and this is where I share my enthusiasm.

20 comments:

  1. They look absolutely gorgeous! What a great idea to use the computer app to make this! Thank you for joining us #pintorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... this is so sweet. I think it would make a great card for the granparents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab idea Ang, you could spell out anything you like and have a different grandchild for each letter, (or have repeats if they don't have that many grandkids!)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous idea! I love it! I'll be doing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke & your card are adorable! I love this, thanks for sharing.
    Happy #SITSBlogging Saturday!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think Luke wins in the adorable stakes but I'm glad you like the card idea too!

      Delete
  5. Love it! Fantastic idea and THANK YOU for sharing. I may do this for the grandparents! :) Going to pin this.

    Visiting from Link Party Palooza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea, love it and like the B & W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolee, Picmonkey makes that so easy, though I'm sure there are others ways of achieving the same effect. I tend to stick with what I know!

      Delete
  7. What a cutie, and a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute idea! Perfect for baby birthdays

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work, love this idea :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo, its so nice to have a personalised card. Thank you for linking up at #wnwnwlp xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! So cute and easy too. I am featuring it tonight on Merry Monday and sharing it on FB, Pinterest, and twitter this week. I always look forward to your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel, I appreciate your support - glad you like it :-)

      Delete
  12. Fantastic idea - love how it turned out! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Brittany, when you have this lovely source material to work with it is pretty easy!

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts/comments, thank you for taking the time.